New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by drayver View Post
    Don't ever use ATF on your honda PS. 3 weeks ago I had my crv changed oil at shell the guy told me we need to top-up the PS kasi medyo konti na I said OK, paki drain na lang and put a new one. I know ATF nilagay kasi nakita ko pa yung sobra nilagay sa likod ng car. after a few days meron ako naririnig na sound pag lumiliko ako ng todo and pag check ko sa hood ang daming PS fluid na tumalsik from the hose. Went to honda and told me that the hose was busted and need to be change and it cost me 12K+ for that hose
    When your power steering fluid has been top-up, your power steering hose has already a small leak, that's explain why you have a slight loss of power steering fluid. It was already due to fail, not because of the ATF that was poured into your PS, but the crack or leak in the PS hose is already there even before the guy at the shell poured ATF.

But if you look at it from the HONDA point of view, you will surely blame the ATF for it.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Im planning to spend on replacing may car's fluids (atf, gear oil, break). I would like to take it at my trusted shell station. Any bad experiences using fluid not from honda mismo? Iwas kasi sa casa mahal di ba? Dito din ako nagpachange oil last december mukhang ok naman.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryant View Post
    Im planning to spend on replacing may car's fluids (atf, gear oil, break). I would like to take it at my trusted shell station. Any bad experiences using fluid not from honda mismo? Iwas kasi sa casa mahal di ba? Dito din ako nagpachange oil last december mukhang ok naman.
    anung car yan sir? anyways, honda is very specific regarding their atf and most especially the power steering fluid. if, engine oil lang, pwede na saan man magustuhan mu.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Civic SiR 99 sir. Kahit ba sa older model may restriction ang atf fluid

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    better use "honda specified products".

OT:
    ikaw nga pala yung may virgin na SIR hehehe

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    have you read the other pages of this topic?

honda p/s fluid for p/s
    honda atf z1 for a/t

use any other fluid and you will break something 99% guaranteed. hindi naman agad, baka couple months down the line habang nasa roadtrip ka.

if you have a true SiR (hindi ung SiR body lang), use 10w-30 mineral oil sa manual transmission. do not put gas station gear oils, hindi pwede yun.

what else? ah yung radiator fluid... resist the urge to put prestone. use caltex radiator fluid kung ayaw mo nung honda pre-mixed coolant (which is mahal, i myself dont use it).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Power Steering Fluid ATF?