New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post
    what does "won't start" mean? -no reaction when pushing the start button. no click sound. or what ever. just like totally dead. But after as I get out of the car close the door and start pressing in the remote the "lock" & "unlock" button several times, seemed like the system was reset and its back to normal. Another thing I notice since the engine is still off and you need to step on the brake before pressing the start button, the brake is hard to press but it goes back to normal when the engine starts.
    Not familiar at all with push-start systems but i think a No-Start would be no response from the start button. As for the inconsistent keyfob behavior I read somewhere that some keyfobs have sleep mode to prevent thieves from using signal repeaters to gain access to the vehicle and movement (such as taking pressing the lock and unlock buttons) may wake the fob up.If the battery replacement is somewhat weak that may cause the keyfob to get stuck in that sleep mode.

To rule the vehicle out you should be able to start the vehicle by waving the fob infront of the start button.
    Start Honda, Dead Key FOB Battery, Push Button Start - YouTube

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    what does "won't start" mean? -no reaction when pushing the start button. no click sound. or what ever. just like totally dead. But after as I get out of the car close the door and start pressing in the remote the "lock" & "unlock" button several times, seemed like the system was reset and its back to normal. Another thing I notice since the engine is still off and you need to step on the brake before pressing the start button, the brake is hard to press but it goes back to normal when the engine starts.
    matigas ang brakes kasi wala na vacuum sa system.. possible na kulang ka lang sa tapak sa brakes kaya hindi ma trigger yung start... or nag loloko yung brake switch mo kaya hindi mag trigger ang start... sa mazda 3, meron green light indicating na detect nya yung key fob.. then depress brake pedal to start..

sa fortuner walang indicator.. not sure sa honda city..

pag start ng engine, lulubog na ng konti yung brakes mo kasi may vacuum na sa linya.. do not pump your brakes pag turn off ng engine para hindi sya tumigas

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Have you experienced this kind of trouble sir?

Another thing I notice since the engine is still off and for automatic transmission car, you need to step on the brake before pressing the start button, the brake is hard to press but it goes back to normal when the engine starts.
    so when you press the start button, nothing happens, as if someone stole the battery?
    then when you perform a series of seeming-dis-connected maneuvers, it magically starts?
    sounds like it might be starter solenoid.
    if no one here violently dis-agrees, bring it to a mekaniko and ask him to check the starter solenoid.
    but why the intermittency? that is the nature of the solenoid problem, po.
    old-school driver kasi ako. i don't know much about car electronics...

much of the power of the brake pedal comes from a running engine.
    if the engine isn't running, the brake pedal is normally hard.
    but, with the foot on the brake pedal, once the engine starts, one will notice that the brake pedal sinks a bit, and becomes much softer to step on.
    all that is normal, po.

btw,
    if the car is still under warranty, best to bring it to the dealer. you may be able to have it fixed, free.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Transceivers require good voltages. You already mentioned the keyfob's battery being changed. If that battery test does say: change, address that first.
    May be I should follow this recommendation to change the car's battery. If symptoms persist it's a different story.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Transceivers require good voltages. You already mentioned the keyfob's battery being changed. If that battery test does say: change, address that first.
    Just an update on this matter. I mentioned before that I already changed the key fob's battery however, I kept on experiencing the "won't start problem and sometimes the door wont open too". Another thing I noticed though the battery was new, I saw a reminder at may dashboard KEY BATTERY LOW BAT. So I wonder why it indicates low-bat despite of just replaced remote battery. I checked the battery again and its still within the voltage rating. Lately I realized that the battery (button type CR2032) I placed into it is a generic battery you can buy in some Japanese store like Japan Home Center, DAISO, MINISO. This brand less battery has a low quality and could not sustain its charge considering that the remote is like a transceiver as you mentioned. So I decided to replace the battery with a branded one - Energizer. So far so good. Never experienced the problem again since then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12