New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Price difference between V & S is about 60T.
    Are the extra features on the S worth it? or I could just spend the extra money for accessories?

Any thoughts will greatly help me decide which model to get.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i would suggest you get the 1.8S

why? for the following reasons:
    - dual airbags vs none in 1.8V
    - 16in rims vs 15in in 1.8V

the dual airbags alone is very worth it. you can't add an airbag as accessory.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    In addition to the dual airbags, the following are features that may or may not be important that cannot be purchased in the aftermarket.

1.) Speed sensing door locks,
    2.) Blue Moquette upholstery (V is in gray)
    3.) Paddle Shifter

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    1.8S na sir. kung kaya naman ng budget mo. atleast di nakaka takot kasi may airbags na sya.

to add:
    1.8S has Stanley Fog lamps worth 16k kapag ipapa add on mo sa 1.8V :shocked2:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    salamat sa mga feedback. i'm now inclined to get the 1.8S. Tama nga the added safety of the front passenger with the passenger side air bag is worth the extra cost. specially, its my partner for life who usually sits in front .

in terms of FC, wala naman dapat difference between the two variants. tama ba?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah wala naman difference since their engine and tranny is identical. And the few extra weight in the 1.8S shouldn't be a big difference...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yeah wala naman difference since their engine and tranny is identical. And the few extra weight in the 1.8S shouldn't be a big difference...
    so Sir FC for the 1.8 AT would be about 8-9 km/lt for city driving, 12-14 km/lt for highway?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by m2m View Post
    so Sir FC for the 1.8 AT would be about 8-9 km/lt for city driving, 12-14 km/lt for highway?
    yup. dats about what you get. pretty good considering its a 1.8 engine. playing devil's advocate, do you really need the added features of the s trim? yes, the 60k difference is cheap concerning the upgrades of the s vs. v. but if you don't need it, 60k is a lot of money.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    In addition to the dual airbags, the following are features that may or may not be important that cannot be purchased in the aftermarket.

1.) Speed sensing door locks,
    2.) Blue Moquette upholstery (V is in gray)
    3.) Paddle Shifter
    anu po ung nasa #2...newbie lang po gusto ko din kasi malaman pinagkaiba ng S at V...

saka ung sa #3 pag v po ano...anu itsura ng S at nung nasa V kung my pics po salamat

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    > yung #2 is the color of the interior fabric ng car

> yung #3 ay feature na available only on the 1.8S AT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Pls help me choose Honda Civic AT 1.8 V or S