Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Turbo. Turbo. Turbo.
    Wag. Baka atakihin sa Puso

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Panalo turbo!

K-series swap

Last edited by jmpet626; August 18th, 2010 at 09:01 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From the TS' other thread:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...85#post1482485

He was looking for a car that is fuel efficient & comfy. Hence the Jazz.

Now he wants to mod it. My guess he would want a small bump in power and upgrade the external looks.

Anyway, still waiting for his response.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepsus View Post
    enjoy mo muna yung stock and learn it's limitations and quirks, those will be the basis of your upgrades and mods ... also take full advantage of the warranty
    Correct.

TS:
    Be wary of modification, baka magsisi ka sa huli. There are some things that are best left in stock condition, especially if you drive the car daily.

Question:
    Are there turbo builds of the GE Jazz in the Philippines already? The only one I know of was made by a Pinoy tuning crew in China.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Question:
    Are there turbo builds of the GE Jazz in the Philippines already? The only one I know of was made by a Pinoy tuning crew in China.

How much different is the current Jazz's engine with the previous model?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    5 hp bump or so... better cams, I think and some retuning. Any kit that will fit the GD should fit... but both engines are kinda finicky to tune (ECU fightback and all that).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    5 hp bump or so... better cams, I think and some retuning. Any kit that will fit the GD should fit... but both engines are kinda finicky to tune (ECU fightback and all that).
    So the old kit made by Speedlab should fit the newer Jazz with re-tuning on the UNICHIP?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So the old kit made by Speedlab should fit the newer Jazz with re-tuning on the UNICHIP?
    Should. Don't know if there are specific changes to the ECU, but the Unichip is universal, anyway. They've already chipped the Powershift Focus, even if the ECU is a completely different unit from the 6MT TDCi.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The biggest difference and tuning headache is the integrated exhaust header, like the R18A1 engine on the FD Civic. You can't replace it with something else as it's molded into the block. Any header sold for both cars is actually just a downpipe + catalytic converter delete.

Speedlab makes a custom exhaust manifold for their GD Jazz turbo kit; I've confirmed with them that this is quite different from the NA manifold they sell. Now that the manifold on the GE Jazzes is simply molded into the block they'll have to find some other workaround.

The fact is, no one's done a turbo or supercharger install for GE Fits in the US. There just isn't enough demand. Last I heard from Speedlab it was also the same case.
    Last edited by Type 100; August 19th, 2010 at 03:20 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    As of today,

I have only begun to buy a GPS Garmin for my car. Actually budget is not much of a concern as I look at value more than price only problem is my knowledge on cars is not extensive.

I'm looking at making the car more comfortable and better handling. I also feel the stock engine is adequate and I don't think i would want to change it yet, sayang warranty.

Sorry for the late reply been busy these days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Planning to modify my Honda Jazz