New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hi there honda Gurus. My ride is civic vti with PH16 engine code, and my timing belt and clutch disk/pressure plate are due for replacement. I heard or read somewhere that the PHDM vtec is actually a jdm d15 vtec, rebored to have a 1600 displacement, is this true? Now, when i tried to buy timing belt and clutch disk/pressure plate, the sales attendant asked " ilan ang ngipin ng timing belt and anong diameter ng disk?" I was at a loss because i couldnt give any answer. Then he added "dalhin nyo na lang yung sample sir." But, I want all the parts to be ready before my mechanic will open my engine and trans. I hope you could help me with my dilemma.
    In addition, what are good replacement brands for timing belt and clutch set? OEM is out the question because I am on a tight budget. Sorry for the long post. ..Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    fellow ek vti driver here bro. if i were you, i won't scrimp on the timing belt. its role is too crucial to be entrusted to a non-oem brand. baka in the long run mas mapamahal ka pa dahil sa pag-titipid niyo.

in my experience, the price difference wouldn't be too way off if you bought your timing belt at the casa instead of your friendly neighborhood car supply store.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    fellow ek vti driver here bro. if i were you, i won't scrimp on the timing belt. its role is too crucial to be entrusted to a non-oem brand. baka in the long run mas mapamahal ka pa dahil sa pag-titipid niyo.

in my experience, the price difference wouldn't be too way off if you bought your timing belt at the casa instead of your friendly neighborhood car supply store.
    hi sir. thanks for the advise. dont worry, i know there's a lot of replacement brands at par with OEM brand which are less expensive. I appreciate more if you can answer my main questions.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    up ko lang po.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    up ko ulit baka sakali may sumagot na.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gates timing belt is a good replacement

PH16 Vti Timing Belt and Clutch Disk/Pressure Plate Questions