New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mods, pa merge nalang if topic already exists...

I'd like to ask, if its really safe for the engine yung setup nung b20z ko, which is that the PCV hose at IM (intake manifold) side has been sealed-off, tapos yung sa engine side naman is nilagyan ng filter na parang Simota na mini version...

Other article says, ideally, there should be a continuous flow going to IM for the escaping gas to be burned back into the engine as CO2... Now, since naka I/H/E mod na yung V ko,, was this PCV setup intented for another performance purpose?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The PCV system reduces air pollution by diverting crankcase gas into the intake manifol/combustion chamber for burning.

If you care about air pollution, make sure it works.... however you modify your engine.

A breather like yours can still release the gases to the atmosphere...an oil catch can may help but not as much as a functioning PCV valve system.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp View Post
    The PCV system reduces air pollution by diverting crankcase gas into the intake manifol/combustion chamber for burning.

If you care about air pollution, make sure it works.... however you modify your engine.

A breather like yours can still release the gases to the atmosphere...an oil catch can may help but not as much as a functioning PCV valve system.

Thanks eric for this advise.. So now, Im leaning towards putting it to stock form,, if Im going to do this, will this contribute to a compromised higher fuel consumption? or it will help improve better mileage? ... tingin ko if positive effect sa FC but can degrade performance, I can live with it,, di naman ako nagre racing... at maging tulong pa sa environment..

Any other inputs?

PCV question on B20Z