New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Kasi im beginning to want to know the real spec of my unit, which chassisc code it is, and kung may mga Ferio EGs nga ba talaga na nirelease dito nung 1995?

Ang alam ko kasi sa Japan lang ang Ferio, and no EG was fitted stock with d15b from the plant on that time. 1995 pa yun, elementary pa lang ako nun, malay ko po ba?

But for sure, I am convinced it's not in any way an ESI.

Eto siya ng dumating sakin nito lang October 2008:
    - Honda Civic EG sedan (acquired 1995 on paper)
    - Wears 1996 VTI mags (stock daw yun sabi ni 1st owner, eh pang-EK VTi eh)
    - semi-lowered on stock front suspension (medyo nakasubsob ang stance)

(What makes me think it's JDM, hence the Ferio)

- JDM look ang dashboard (with the brown 2 layer compartment below the stereo, unlike sa ESI) pero up to 220kph yung stock speedo
    - D15B 20 camlobe (single vtec solenoid, which means not the 3-stage, so most likely it's JDM) with p08 obd-i ecu
    - It came with Ferio badges so d-pillar (rear doors)

(What makes me think it's not)

- stock 220kph speedo
    - no signs of lhd conversion
    - stock non-amber corner light (although i know hindi porke amber eh jdm)

From my research:
    • It closely resembles an EG8, a sedan with stock d15b
    • Honda Philippines at that time released only three trims of the EG: a 1.2 carb hatch, 1.5 sedan LX, and 1.6 sedan esi - all CKD (completely knocked down) from the Sta Rosa plant
    Gusto ko lang po malaman kung Ferio ba talaga ito, at kung ano ang chassis code?

I just want to eliminate po the guessing?
    Besides, it's my ride Im really trying to know intimately.

- Hindi ko na po macontact yung previous owner.
    - I cant tell just by looking at the OR/CR and other papers.
    - Hindi din masabi ng Honda Alabang
    (so i didn't bother asking the other dealers).
    - Originally based in Nueva Ecija yung unit, and considering its proximity to Gapo, hindi kaya import ito? (noob, nasabi lang baka may relation)
    - Hindi po ako member ng HCP, and I don't know someone from Tropang EG
    - Meron ding konting EG Ferio (same spec as mine) na ako na nakita sa daan

I know pics could help, pero to follow nalang po siguro, pag may time ako this weekend..

Thanks in advance for the responses.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    bad news. that's not a ferio eg. there was no local eg ferio sold in the country. the closest jdm civic here was the civics 92-93 model that was semi-knocked down units. also, ferio civics have totally different interior than the local civics sold here.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    engine could be a transplant.

dashboard can either be the re-trimmed variety or a jdm surplus. if you think it's the latter, check for repair seams done when the importer cut it so the instrument panel is on the left. i have yet to see a perfect, oem cut and join dashboard job. they're pretty badlooking most of the time. that, or it's a fiberglass copy.

no idea if the ferio was sold in the US as LHD. if so, baka pwede din nag import sila ng dash dun (unlikely).

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks for the replies.

This is to vindicated myself of the original nature of the car prior to my acquisition. Si first owner pala went on the JDM route of setting it up aesthetically

Good thing to know.

So is it safe to assume na ang mga EK with Ferio and VI-RS badges dito sa atin ay pretending lang? Well, unless you can if one is an import.

I just don't want to be pretentious with my car lang kasi with all those stickers. Good thing I'd be aware it was an engine swap, most probably a surplus jap engine, and the risks associated on it.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks for the replies.

This is to vindicated myself of the original nature of the car prior to my acquisition. Si first owner pala went on the JDM route of setting it up aesthetically

Good thing to know.

So is it safe to assume na ang mga EK with Ferio and VI-RS badges dito sa atin ay pretending lang? Well, unless you can if one is an import.

I just don't want to be pretentious with my car lang kasi with all those stickers. Good thing I'd be aware it was an engine swap, most probably a surplus jap engine, and the risks associated with it.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yep, no orig ferios here. well, none that i know of anyway.

even the so-called "ferio" rota copy mags can be spotted easily (wider lip).

the transplant engine, if it runs well and is reliable naman, is a non-issue. lots of people want d15bs in their eg and eks, buti ka nga nakalagay na. say, nasa iyo ba yung papers nyan? baka ma-chambahan ka ng TMG they really check those things you know, lalo na pag nakita nila na maporma yung kotse.

pag sawa ka na sa VTI mags mo maybe we can swap? i have 16s on 55 series i'd like to trade. send me a PM

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    yep, no orig ferios here. well, none that i know of anyway.

even the so-called "ferio" rota copy mags can be spotted easily (wider lip).

the transplant engine, if it runs well and is reliable naman, is a non-issue. lots of people want d15bs in their eg and eks, buti ka nga nakalagay na. say, nasa iyo ba yung papers nyan? baka ma-chambahan ka ng TMG they really check those things you know, lalo na pag nakita nila na maporma yung kotse.

pag sawa ka na sa VTI mags mo maybe we can swap? i have 16s on 55 series i'd like to trade. send me a PM

Thanks po for the replies. Now im vindicated
    Indicated na naman po sa CR yung d15b eh. and good thing mukhang maayos naman po ang pagkakatransplant dahil pati ecu niya ay the right one for the engine.

Sir, thanks for the offer pero last November ko pa po naswap yung vti mags eh. I now run on stock 14s from the gen1 jazz on 60 series turanzas.

Pano malaman kung EG Ferio nga ba talaga ang unit?