New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    No cheap way to get more power from your engine.

Lots of horsepower costs lots of money.

Cheapest way to get more performance is to lighten your car. Anything heavy should be removed. Rear seats, spare tire, jack, tools, junk in the seats and trunk, sound deadening material, carpet, headliner, muffler, door panels, etc

this reminds me of the car of kurt russel in the movie which i forgot the title. he was killed by 3 women at the end of the movie. maybe GH is referring to that car. it was very fast!

Quote Originally Posted by streetsweep View Post
    Good day mga sir,

Meron po akong honda civic 1997 vtec ,no modification at all gusto ko sana mag ask kung paano mapapalakas hatak ng engine in a cheap modification ,ano po dapat ko gawin or idagdag,thank you for your advice mga idol.

remove the engine, replace it with b18c.

honestly for me--modifying the stock engine is a waste of money.. start with a great engine--at yun ang gastusan mo...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Depende kung ilang HP ang gusto mong idagdag. Gaya nga ng nabanggit nila, adding power to your engine comes with a price.

May I suggest K&N intake to start with. Although it doesn't involve engine mods, medyo makakadagdag na rin ito sa hatak. Moreover, it's cheaper.

Goodluck!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    buy a knn drop-in filter (remove the plastic plumbing under the intake box) - 3.5K
    replace exhaust down pipe (retain the exhaust manifold) and change exhaust plumbing to 2" mandrel bent - 4k muffler land
    get apexi vafc or safc, kahit yung luma - 5k
    wide band tuning - 2.5k (depende kung kanino)

more or less 15k.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Paano dagdagan ang hatak ng auto?