New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    my brother's car temp goes up after running 140kph or in heavy travic with heavy accelaration. same problem he encountered few months ago.he fixed his problem by changing his radiator motor cause accdng to his mechanic,his fan is running slow. Now same problem encountered and i was thinking the same solution. I`ve checked his radiator fan and looks like running slow. Im not that sure then. Nirekta ko yung fan but the same problem, temp goes up after 130-140kph. What do you think guys, kung narekta naba radiator fan at tumataas pa din temp.is this mean na wala sa radiator fan ang problema? Comments please....

anybody can tell me some sympthoms of bad water pump? Thnaks in advance...

Anyway his car is civic 2000...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JunBargas14 View Post
    my brother's car temp goes up after running 140kph or in heavy travic with heavy accelaration. same problem he encountered few months ago.he fixed his problem by changing his radiator motor cause accdng to his mechanic,his fan is running slow. Now same problem encountered and i was thinking the same solution. I`ve checked his radiator fan and looks like running slow. Im not that sure then. Nirekta ko yung fan but the same problem, temp goes up after 130-140kph. What do you think guys, kung narekta naba radiator fan at tumataas pa din temp.is this mean na wala sa radiator fan ang problema? Comments please....

make?model?year?mileage? but any way, check the radiator cap if it still holds pressure indicated on it, check if the thermostat is opening.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hmmm..... mukhang may problema na ang thermostat nya JunBargas14 kasi kahit tumatakbo ka ng mabilis nag-iinit pa rin saka yang radiator cap mo kapag hindi masyado sarado yan ay tatapon ang tubig so ibig sabihin mababawasan ka ng tubig na magiging sanhi din ng pag-overheat mo.

ang radiator fan malaki rin ang pakinabang nito kasi yan din sya naman ang naghihigop ng hangin mula sa labas papuntang radiator mo kapag mahina yan tataas din ang temperature mo saka kahit i-rekta mo ang radiator fan mo para tuloy tuloy lang ang function nito basta mahina mag ooverheat ka pa rin lalo na kung

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Hi there, I got some experience on overheating. Share ko lang, maybe you can use this.

1) Check the water reserve, if water is gone or low and you have to replenish always then

1a) Check the radiator cap. It might be too old and water is leaking. You can see this after a long ride or when your temp gauge goes above the 50% mark, quickly open the hood and you will see that water is leaking from the radiator cap.

1b) Check the radiator hoses. Since your civic is yr 2000, it might be time to change the radiator hoses since they might be brittle already. Mura lang ito, 50 pesos lang isang radiator hose.

1c) If ok naman ang radiator cap and the radiator hoses, check the radiator itself baka may mga butas na. Go to your radiator repair shop and ask them to test the radiator. I know na honda use the hard plastic top of the radiator and normally dito nagkakaroon ng leak. Have the plastic top changed to metal para mas matagal. I think it will cost you around 1k. If may mga butas, have it repaird.

1d) Now, if the radiator is fine, then it might be the water pump. Makikita mong may-leak coming from the water pump. Mas mahirap ayusin ito since madami ang babaklasin. Usually 4 hours ginagawa ng mechanic ito and for the aftermarket parts, it will cost you around 1,500 to 2k (pa-check na lang) for the replacement water pump and the sealants + 1k above for the labor (maghaggle ka na lang dito) + 4 hours up for the repairs.

2) Now, if you could not notice any leaks and your radiator water reserve ay hindi nababawasan, then it might be the radiator fan. But in cases when you are already traveling at 140kph, kahit na hindi gumana radiator fan ok pa din kasi your traveling very fast and the air cools your radiator.

Now, pag traffic and nag-overheat ka and you notice the radiator fan didn't work, then you will need to check iyung radiator fan mo.

Anyway, go to Rey's Auto Electrical and they can have your radiator fan checked and replaced if needed by a surplus. Mura lang, mga less than 1k to 1,500 depending sa sira. A lot cheaper from the original or from buying the whole radiator fan aftermarket replacement. Puede kasing iyung motor lang ang palitan nila.

Sana naging helpful itong shinare ko. Balitaan mo kami kung ano ang nahanap mong sira.

thank you.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    thanks for the comments. sir milo where can i find rey electrical? anyways, his radiator been overhauld few weeks ago, no problem with the hoses. d rin nagbabawas ng water after a long drive. no tagas also of water.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    thanks for the comments. sir milo where can i find rey electrical? anyways, his radiator been overhauld few weeks ago, no problem with the hoses. d rin nagbabawas ng water after a long drive. no tagas also of water.
    Hi there, normally ako sa Rey Electrial sa may East SErvice Road, Bicutan (after Petron if you're coming from C5). And if I'm not mistaken, meron din sa Marikina - branch is located along Gil Fernando Ave. corner Dragon St. and just across BDO bank and Biksa Coffee. And in Cubao sa 258 15th Ave Cubao QC Tel. Nos.9124547/9123937/9123997

I suggest tawag ka muna para magtanong sa kanila before going there.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    sir milo thanks sa info...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    In regards to the topic above, I've also encounter an increase in engine temperature. I have a honda ESI 95. normally, pag within the city lang.. the temp is always below 50%. nung sinubukan ko out of town. tumaas ng temp nya. before ako umalis, i check ang tubig sa radiator and the reserve. I have put in the reserve 50%water/coolant at a max level. after 36kms. drive at the speed of 90-100 kph.. i have notice the temp gauge is pointing above 50%. tinabi ko at tsinik ang makina.. ang reserve tank nya ay puno. so binawasan. then after 34kms again na takbo, nag-above 50% na naman ang temp gauge.

tapos i notice na kung tatakbo akong ng 80kph and above... umaakyat ang temp nya pero kung nasa 60-70kph nasa below 50% ang temp nya..

nacheck ko ung tubig sa radiator. wala naman bawas.

ano po kaya ang posible problem nito?

normal ba na on and off ang aux fan nya? just like sa aux fan ng aircon?

I hope someone could enlighten me on this matter?
    TIA

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperbugz View Post
    In regards to the topic above, I've also encounter an increase in engine temperature. I have a honda ESI 95. normally, pag within the city lang.. the temp is always below 50%. nung sinubukan ko out of town. tumaas ng temp nya. before ako umalis, i check ang tubig sa radiator and the reserve. I have put in the reserve 50%water/coolant at a max level. after 36kms. drive at the speed of 90-100 kph.. i have notice the temp gauge is pointing above 50%. tinabi ko at tsinik ang makina.. ang reserve tank nya ay puno. so binawasan. then after 34kms again na takbo, nag-above 50% na naman ang temp gauge.

tapos i notice na kung tatakbo akong ng 80kph and above... umaakyat ang temp nya pero kung nasa 60-70kph nasa below 50% ang temp nya..

nacheck ko ung tubig sa radiator. wala naman bawas.

ano po kaya ang posible problem nito?

I hope someone could enlighten me on this matter?
    TIA
    Leaks are unlikely if indeed coolant levels in the radiator and resv tank aint depleting. In your case, if you run faster than 80 kph, the temp rises. Otherwise, it stays on normal.

The water pump increases flow of water into your engine's coolant lines as you increase rpm. When you run faster than 80 kph, you rev higher and are most likely in top gear. In this case of temp rising above 80, your water pump may possibly be not letting more coolant in as it should allow accordingly to your higher rpm demands. Check it for leaks first.

One symptom of water pump leak is loss of coolant level in the radiator.

Or, it could be that your auxillary fan got weak enough not to be able to help cool air in the radiator. This was the case of my Civic's temp rising until I had the fan motor repaired.

One symptom of a weak aux fan is temp rising during traffic with the aircon on. Like you've said, this is not the case for you since you have normal temp on city drives.

In your case, it's most likely the water pump and not the aux fan. Because given you run 90-100 kph assuming you have a clean radiator, you actually don't need the help of the second auxillary fan since you have enough air coming in through the bumber gril given that speed.

No guru here, just my two cents. I had this problem in my Civic before kasi.
    Last edited by isa1023; April 2nd, 2010 at 09:42 AM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperbugz View Post
    It's normal for the aux fan (the one connected to the a/c) to turn on/off.

However, AFAIK, once the radiator fan turns on (usually minutes after a cold start), it should not stop spinning while the engine is on. Civic EG radiators are small enough to need the rad fan running at all times when the engine reaches normal ideal temp.

Also, Honda Civic ESi radiator caps should be rated 1.1. Check yours; if it's 0.9, try replacing it with a 1.1 rated cap. It should help.
    Last edited by isa1023; April 2nd, 2010 at 09:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
overheating again