New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi Guys/Gals,

My car is in dire need of an ATF fluid change. I found a place near our house that offers ATF "dialysis" for 600 php (Exalta Banawe). The only problem is I need 8 liters of ATF-Z1 fluid.

The fluid when bought at the casa costs 550 per liter. A whopping 4,400 php for 8 liters.

Just want to ask where to get the ORIGINAL fluid outside the casa. Maybe a reliable Honda distro or shop. TIA.

P.S. Please write off NISPARTS Banawe from the list. I don't want to transact with them.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can use cheaper/cheapest ATf fluid to flush your tranny, then pag malinis na saka na yun OEM honda fluid ilagay.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    try fertes, carpower, hbk, lvc or honda spa. unfortunately, orig honda atf averages 550/lit wherever you buy it...try your luck though. btw, what's your car? for 8 liters, it must be a huge one. and what's wrong with nispart? that's where i got my last atf and it's fine so far. ask for arnel...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    you can use cheaper/cheapest ATf fluid to flush your tranny, then pag malinis na saka na yun OEM honda fluid ilagay.
    The guy from Exalta (probably the owner) does not recommend this. He said that the fluid would mix resulting into poor shifting. He even warned me from buying Honda's ATF-Z1 in Banawe. Since he's in the biz, he knows where you'll get ripped off (Read: PEKE).

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    try fertes, carpower, hbk, lvc or honda spa. unfortunately, orig honda atf averages 550/lit wherever you buy it...try your luck though. btw, what's your car? for 8 liters, it must be a huge one. and what's wrong with nispart? that's where i got my last atf and it's fine so far. ask for arnel...
    My car is a 2001 Civic (Vtec3). The A/T contains 6 liters of fluid. You need more than that to flush (clean) all the fluid out. I've read in some thread that they've used as much as 13 liters (though not the same car).

My experience in NISPARTS is a bad one, well depending on the "SA" prices fluctuate (oo ung iba ganid, may patong). So I ended up buying the part in other stores.

BTW is the A/T fluid you bought in NISPARTS is the Original Honda's ATF-Z1? How much is a liter?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Guy any more original ATF-Z1 sellers in the metro? (except casa)

7. Join Date
    May 2013
    planning to change ATF soon. do i need to buy cheaper atf for flushing or should i be using the same brand/type?

any update?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gutz_3110 View Post
    planning to change ATF soon. do i need to buy cheaper atf for flushing or should i be using the same brand/type?

any update?
    When there's doubt, use only Honda ATF-Z1 or ATF-DW1... even for flushing.

You really don't need to do a "dialysis" unless there's a compelling reason to (ie. flooded vehicle, extremely neglected A/T, or contaminated ATF).

You can just drain what can be drained and don't worry too much about the 30% old ATF that's trapped inside.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    When there's doubt, use only Honda ATF-Z1 or ATF-DW1... even for flushing.

You really don't need to do a "dialysis" unless there's a compelling reason to (ie. flooded vehicle, extremely neglected A/T, or contaminated ATF).

You can just drain what can be drained and don't worry too much about the 30% old ATF that's trapped inside.
    best answer

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have a suki dealer in Sulit (Spugen Honda Parts). I get my Honda fluids (PS, ATF, Vtec LEV Oil) from him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Original/OEM Honda Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF-Z1, where to buy outside casa?