New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Yup, servicing the BMW will kill you.

Nangarap din akong bumili ng Bimmer, kahit yung E36 lang. Pero when I inquired about the inspection cost sa Casa, Inspection I pa lang eh 15k na raw (hindi pa kasama yung parts!), eh bigla akong nagising at nahimasmasan.

From your current list, I'd go for the City.

But why not expand your shortlist? Swak naman sa budget mo yung 2000 Sentra Exalta or 2000 Lancer

Thank you for all your honest opinion.

My impression on 2000 Sentra Exalta is its parts availability and cost.
    On 2000 lancer, it has weak front suspension which is known to all FWD Lancer models.

My second option I am currently looking on is the 99 or 2000 Civic Lxi/Vti.
    Due to continues increase of fuel cost, it is why I was considering Honda City.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Yup, servicing the BMW will kill you.

Nangarap din akong bumili ng Bimmer, kahit yung E36 lang. Pero when I inquired about the inspection cost sa Casa, Inspection I pa lang eh 15k na raw (hindi pa kasama yung parts!), eh bigla akong nagising at nahimasmasan.
    Agree here. Once, I inadvertently saw the cost of regular maintenance of our boss's BMW,- I can only shake my head in disbelief.....

If you have money to burn,- go with the Bimmer...

3303:shocked:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    BMW na lang. Mura ko lang bigay sayo mga piyesa just in case kailangan mo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, there are already a handful of non-casa shops out there that caters to BMWs & Mercs that aren't as pricey as the casa. Just do some research first, lurk in the BMW forums and threads to get an idea. Generally, the price is still a bit higher than Jap sedans but not as sky-high as that of the casa's.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go for the Bimmer too and just have it maintained at the same Shell station I take the Volvo to.

Just get a list of the items to be inspected on those Inspection 1 and 2 and just inspect them on your own. Most of the items are pretty simple like inspect if the horn is sounding or if all exterior lamps are working. :lol: The list is already in the Volvo's owner's manual, dunno about the Bimmer.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Which one to buy Honda or BMW?