New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Hi Experts,

I would like to seek your opinion on octane booster and gas treatment products in the market. I have a 2009 CRV, i have been experiencing knock and pings these past few months even on flat roads. I fill up with 95 octane gasolines most of the time. The hinda service advisor said the knock and pings are caused by low octane fuels.

I wonder which one would help with my situation gas treatment or ocatne booster?
    Thank younfor your opinions and suggestions.

JC

2. Join Date
    May 2013
    Hi Experts,

I would like to seek your opinion on octane booster and gas treatment products in the market. I have a 2009 CRV, i have been experiencing knock and pings these past few months even on flat roads. I fill up with 95 octane gasolines most of the time. The hinda service advisor said the knock and pings are caused by low octane fuels.

I wonder which one would help with my situation gas treatment or ocatne booster?

JC

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What brand and type of fuel you usually use to fill-up your CRV? Do you fill-up from just one gas station or different stations? Maybe a different brand or filling from a different station will make a difference.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jc24 View Post
    Hi Experts,

JC
    Have the ignition timing checked first. If your car has a knock sensor have that checked, too (pero wala yata knock sensor ang honda?) And as suggested by egan101, try switching gasoline brands or stations, baka adulterated yung fuel sa favorite station mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually you don't need one.
    try to load up on the next octane variant to see if the pings are still there.
    and try to load up on a different station and a different brand.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hi Experts,

JC

have the combustion chambers decarbonized. at that age and mileage there is a big chance of carbon buildup. even if the carbon build up is not that bad, decarbonizing improves performance and fuel economy

7. Join Date
    May 2013
    I fill up with Petron XCS and with Total. I get the same results

8. Join Date
    May 2013
    Sir how and where do Imhave it decarbonized? Current mileage is 58k.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sir how and where do Imhave it decarbonized? Current mileage is 58k.

hinahalo lang po sa gas, ibinubuhos un sa tank, kung hindi ka sure better invest a little at ipagawa mo na lang yan sa honda casa.

10. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    hinahalo lang po sa gas, ibinubuhos un sa tank, kung hindi ka sure better invest a little at ipagawa mo na lang yan sa honda casa.
    Thank you sir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Octane booster or Gas treatment