New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I have a car honda city 98 which has a very noisy engine. I have already bought it to a respectable mechanic to adjust valve clearance but still no good. Last time sa cruven ko sya dinala pero hindi paren naayos. Ano na kaya problem nito?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    What kind of engine noise are you hearing?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    all moving parts can cause unwanted noise pag sira na. have it checked by a more respectable mechanic ;)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xtian119 View Post
    What kind of engine noise are you hearing?
    ung parang typewriter. alam ko lang kapag ganun valve clearance adjustment lang un eh..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    What kind of gasoline are you using? I would suggest filling up with an octane rating of 93 and above. Then observe if the noise will go away.

If your engine is long due for an oil change, I suggest to do this asap and then observe.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Better check the rpm or idle mo baka mataas masyado. Idle normally 700-800 rpm

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicVTi View Post
    What kind of gasoline are you using? I would suggest filling up with an octane rating of 93 and above. Then observe if the noise will go away.

If your engine is long due for an oil change, I suggest to do this asap and then observe.
    +1 on this. You should also have the engine timing checked.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicVTi View Post

oo nga eh.. nakaschedule na ko magpachange oil kase nung nagpa adjust ako ng valve clearance maitim na ung oil. Any brand or type of oil that could help?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    If pagkachange oil meron pa din, try mo dagdagan STP.

pag di na makuha sa adjustment and better engine oil,palitin na mga valve lifters niya...takatakatatataakkk...

itaktak mo.... jk.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_cindy View Post
    oo nga eh.. nakaschedule na ko magpachange oil kase nung nagpa adjust ako ng valve clearance maitim na ung oil. Any brand or type of oil that could help?
    I suggest using an engine oil with a viscosity rating of 20W-50 or 10W-40. Shell Helix is a good and inexpensive choice but you can use other well-known brands.

Let us know if this will lessen or eliminate the strange noise.

noisy engine