New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cjtjamandra View Post
    may mga nabasa na din ako na dapat nga daw may thermostat kas i matagal maginit yung engine kung naka rekta. kaya pala sabi nung owner medyo binobomba daw niya yung kotse bago ma optimize yung performance. kumbaga parang mga diesel na sasakyan.

balak ko na ngang magpalagay ng thermostat asap.

cjtjamandra'
    i enjoyed educating the public about the cooling system principles. this thread is what i intended to be so as to reduce exhaust emissions and produce better fuel economy. so far, some people are thinking twice. the ones who have the ability to think at least. the others are incapable of thinking, just do what others do when making mistakes. monkey see monkey do. monkey no think that's why. some people are born stupid, some practice it. let's face it, not everybody is smart enough.
    jick
    certified auto
    guam

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    peepz.

ganito set up ko sa trooper.

isang OEM na aux fan na may thermostat and yung isa ang naka sabay pag on ng aircon.

may cons ba to?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    peepz.

ganito set up ko sa trooper.

isang OEM na aux fan na may thermostat and yung isa ang naka sabay pag on ng aircon.

may cons ba to?
    s_quilicot
    there must have been confusion between fan thermoswitch and coolant thermostat. the switch controls the relay to turn the radiator fan on. the thermostat is closed until the preset temperature has been reached and starts to open, for toyotas and most asian cars they start to open at 86 degrees celsius. the thermoswitch kicks on when the coolant has heached 140 degrees fahrenheit. so, the thermostat opens before the radiator fan kicks on unless the system recognizes a request for airconditioning and that the a/c or the climate control is in working order
    jick
    guam community college

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    s_quilicot
    there must have been confusion between fan thermoswitch and coolant thermostat. the switch controls the relay to turn the radiator fan on. the thermostat is closed until the preset temperature has been reached and starts to open, for toyotas and most asian cars they start to open at 86 degrees celsius. the thermoswitch kicks on when the coolant has heached 140 degrees fahrenheit. so, the thermostat opens before the radiator fan kicks on unless the system recognizes a request for airconditioning and that the a/c or the climate control is in working order
    jick
    guam community college

so inshort masama ang set-up ko?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    so inshort masama ang set-up ko?

s_quilicot
    the logic behind the condenser fan/ radiator fan operation is as follows for most asian cars:
    engine cold/ no a/c-----------both fans OFF
    engine hot/ no a/c------------radiator fan ON full speed
    engine cold/ a/c on-----------both fans ON half speed
    engine hot/ a/c on------------both fans ON full speed.
    if you want to run this logic, get a toyota fan wiring diagram and have a qualified electrician install it for you.
    jick
    certified auto
    guam

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    s_quilicot
    the logic behind the condenser fan/ radiator fan operation is as follows for most asian cars:
    engine cold/ no a/c-----------both fans OFF
    engine hot/ no a/c------------radiator fan ON full speed
    engine cold/ a/c on-----------both fans ON half speed
    engine hot/ a/c on------------both fans ON full speed.
    if you want to run this logic, get a toyota fan wiring diagram and have a qualified electrician install it for you.
    jick
    certified auto
    guam
    thanks jick.

but my trooper is diesel. it has fan that is attached to the engine.

clutch fan ba yun (?)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    thanks jick.

but my trooper is diesel. it has fan that is attached to the engine.

clutch fan ba yun (?)

s_quilicot,
    use the thermoswitch controlled fan as a push fan for the condenser. the radiator fan is viscous coupling fan. i have installed one on the same concept for a toyota previa, that when i converted from R12 freon system to R134 system, the existing viscous coupling fan was inadequate to cool both the condenser and the radiator. the electric cooling fan was running parallel to the a/c compressor clutch but is run on a separate relay.
    jick
    certified auto
    guam

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Mina-san,

Pardon me for my stupid question but I Just wanna ask does it mean that when the thermostat gets open, it will remain open while the engine is on or will it close if engine temp gets low (say continuous downhill driving)?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie1 View Post
    Mina-san,

Pardon me for my stupid question but I Just wanna ask does it mean that when the thermostat gets open, it will remain open while the engine is on or will it close if engine temp gets low (say continuous downhill driving)?

newbie,
    an automobile engine is subjected to an array of variables; engine rpm, engine load, vehicle speed, ambient temperature, altitude and mechanical condition. together with these variables, the engine temperature also changes. regardless of these conditions, the burn time, btu/pound of fuel, and the conditions inside the combustion chambers should remain the same by controlling the temperature of the engine block. this is where the thermostat comes into play. it regulates the temperature to a narrow band to put the combustion chamber to ideal conditions thereby reducing emissions and optimizing power output. your thermostat has a threshold temperature degned to it. it us durin this time when the thermostat begins to open and remain open until the temperature is at threshold or below. it also varies in the amount of opening in proportion to the engine cooling requirements. this band of regulated temperature is like the comfortable temperature of around 20 degrees fahrenheit lower than our bodies. this is the similar concept. to control the conditions so as to obtain the desired results
    jick
    a.s.e. certified master automobile technician
    a.s.e. certified master heavy duty truck technician
    international automobile technicians' network

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
No thermostat