New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    P400K is a lot of gas and imagine that's TWO ENGINE so sa maintenance paktay din... Duda din ako (like Top Gear) if hybrids are the way to go for environmental friendliness... While it has less emissions and lower gas mileage, imagine yung resources you need to have to make a hybrid car...
    While I don't believe in the cost effectiveness of hybrids, let me note that hybrid drivetrains can prove very reliable.

A hybrid uses the gasoline engine less often... which means fewer oil changes. Regenerative braking helps prolong brake life... which means fewer pad changes. Electric motors, in general, require less maintenance than gasoline motors (you never hear of old Prii needing new traction motors... the only thing that wears out is the batteries).

And regarding those batteries... old hybrid batteries are proving to be very reliable. With good battery management, a hybrid pack can last well over ten years.

Maintenance is no reason not to get a hybrid.

-

Price is.

But at 1.2m (and it's certainly possible, if it's locally assembled), a lot of people will be able to overlook the fact that the Honda Jazz Hybrid makes no financial sense... just for the chance of owning an actual hybrid.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    P400K is a lot of gas and imagine that's TWO ENGINE so sa maintenance paktay din... Duda din ako (like Top Gear) if hybrids are the way to go for environmental friendliness... While it has less emissions and lower gas mileage, imagine yung resources you need to have to make a hybrid car...
    While I don't believe in the cost effectiveness of hybrids, let me note that hybrid drivetrains can prove very reliable.

A hybrid uses the gasoline engine less often... which means fewer oil changes. Regenerative braking helps prolong brake life... which means fewer pad changes. Electric motors, in general, require less maintenance than gasoline motors (you never hear of old Prii needing new traction motors... the only thing that wears out is the batteries).

And regarding those batteries... old hybrid batteries are proving to be very reliable. With good battery management, a hybrid pack can last well over ten years.

Maintenance is no reason not to get a hybrid.

-

Price is.

But at 1.2m (and it's certainly possible, if it's locally assembled), a lot of people will be able to overlook the fact that the Honda Jazz Hybrid makes no financial sense... just for the chance of owning an actual hybrid.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    at 1.2M bibile ako ng jazz na hybrid. imagine the savings for a 10 yr use car. i own a CRDi and i'm not that excited.

Hybrids are the way to go in the future.

in NY and SF, taxi cabs use the escape hybrid.
    Last edited by Gen. Miting; June 28th, 2010 at 02:22 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    If possible, the hybrid variant will become possible on the Fit/Jazz facelift.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Who says it needs a facelift?

The Jazz Hybrid will be out soon and it's based on the existing GE chassis.
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/252424/

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    It'd still be too expensive for 3rd world level car prices.

Unless government offers tax breaks and require automakers to pass on said break to consumers.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Who says it needs a facelift?

The Jazz Hybrid will be out soon and it's based on the existing GE chassis.
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/252424/
    Hmmm?? Most Japanese Honda enthusiasts told that the hybrid variant would be added on the facelift.

Proof?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

"...and only around $2,200 above the gas-powered Fit."

That would mean it might cost just over a million pesos if they bring it in... or not.
    Bakit P1.2M ang presyo bigla na pinaguusapan nyo samantalang sabi sa article its around $2,200 more expensive lang? I agree more with the price range of Niky... just over a million lang siguro... IF they bring it in.

Bordering on luxury car prices na ang 1.2M, if that's the case, I guess they'll just be bringing it it for "prestige of being green" purposes... if they price it better, Honda will be helping the environment indirectly since mas maraming potential buyers will consider getting this one.

Meron plans daw ba i-launch sa Thailand yung Jazz Hybrid? Kasi kung Japan lang yan labo yan dumating dito sa Pinas.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    exactly kung additional U$2.2k, that's just around Php99,000. so meaning final price ng Jazz eh around Php929,000. i'm all for it...lalo na no-emissions while on traffic (but with A/C siempre).... pero antayin din natin ang panapat daw ng Toyota....may palabas daw na mas mura kesa sa prius and with newer battery pa...

O.T. kung ang Prius ay U$22,000 for the entry model...that's a little over a Php1M lang...asan na ba yung pinasa ni Singson na law dyan excempting importing hybrid cars fm. Tax? ('yan na lang tama nya considering sa kahihiyaan dinulot ng anak nyang congresista na Cocaine user....)tsk tsk tsk....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why a big jump in our estimated retail price?

Factor in the following:
    -CBU import costs.
    -import tax.
    -retraining the current car technicians be able to service a new car.
    -tooling requirements for servicing car-specific models.
    -service/replacement parts inventory costs
    -marketing & advertising
    -"premium" pricing image (just because they can)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Next Honda Jazz to go hybrid?