New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    Honda can still reclaim they're 3rd place in the Phil. Automotive industry. But they need to offer discounts, be generous on the features of their cars, add more to their current line up and provide good after-sales service in order to be competitive.

Before it was just Honda vs. Toyota. Now, they should wake up and realize they got to deal with Hyundai, Kia and Toyota. Aggressive pricing is really needed.

I drive a Honda Jazz. I got it for the design, reliability, and versatility it offers. But yah, it is the most expensive in its category. Honda you really need to offer discounts. Seriously. example. a 1.3E Vios is almost 100k cheaper (net of discount) than a 1.3 City. Any practical person would choose the Vios. But if the price difference was around 40k? I think it will be a different story.

I have a feeling they'll probably bring in Honda Freed to compete with the Avanza and Brio to compete with the i10, Spark and Picanto. If they bring those two, I'm pretty sure they'll do well in their respective segments.

HONDA - THE POWER OF DREAMS. Please stop DREAMING, WAKE UP and seriously offer discounts and more features! XD haha
    Actually MMC pa nga strong # 2. Hyundai catching up though. 4th na Honda, same probem with Isuzu, overpriced and just banking on previous glorious years.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Yah Mitsubishi is still strong at # 2 tho I think Honda isn't directly competing with Mitsubishi since Mitsu is selling more on the Montero Sport and Strada. Honda's sales are mostly coming from its Subcompact and Compact cars. The City, Jazz and Civic. Puro panaginip nlang tong c Honda... Parang Ako nanaginip na maakin c Michelle Madrigal XD haha

I heard from a Honda Sales Exec. that Honda plans to divest it's Laguna Plant, retrench all the employees and closed down the factory by 2014. According to her, Our Gov't isn't providing much incentives and taxing so much to entice investments. Soooo.... in the future all Honda Cars will be CBUs. After hearing that, the more I wonder how Honda can claim its previous top spot.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Ironically, it's not the exclusivity, prestige and resale value that kept them a lasting make-believe reputation to their loyal customers.

In reality, it's the wide aftermarket support of people with the know-how, parts, shops and tuning options that make the EGs, EKs and maybe the FD still popular today.

To tune say, a 4AFE, 4G92, B6 DOHC or GA16DE, you'll most likely need engine management or an air-fuel controller at the least.

That's a lot of money compared to the wide availability of cheap basemap packages (as low as P6,500.00 and you're good to go) for Honda SOHCs and DOHCs.
    Last edited by isa1023; January 18th, 2012 at 04:01 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    i hope they also improve their after sales service too... was at honda san pablo yesterday, lousy service...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Yah Mitsubishi is still strong at # 2 tho I think Honda isn't directly competing with Mitsubishi since Mitsu is selling more on the Montero Sport and Strada. Honda's sales are mostly coming from its Subcompact and Compact cars. The City, Jazz and Civic. Puro panaginip nlang tong c Honda... Parang Ako nanaginip na maakin c Michelle Madrigal XD haha

I heard from a Honda Sales Exec. that Honda plans to divest it's Laguna Plant, retrench all the employees and closed down the factory by 2014. According to her, Our Gov't isn't providing much incentives and taxing so much to entice investments. Soooo.... in the future all Honda Cars will be CBUs. After hearing that, the more I wonder how Honda can claim its previous top spot.
    That's not a good news if honda indeed layoff these employees. Many govt around the world are trying to attract investors to their country, and yet RP is not doing it? What do we have that these other countries don't have? We are foolish not to attract these worldwide companies when the world is shrinking by the minute if not by days.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm not sure if our market is big enough to justify continued production here. The only unit left that Honda is assembling is the City and its sales volume cannot match its rival, Vios.

As for Ford group phils, they still produce the ancient 1st gen Escape and 2nd gen Focus for the ASEAN market. But i believe the all new Escape will soon be sourced elsewhere while the new Focus has been confirmed to be built in Thailand by mid 2012. As for Mazda, the new 3 is supposed to be coming in from Thailand.

As for Nissan, I'm not sure how they can keep on assembling the old sentra when taxi operators are going for Vios, 98% of the time. Old Patrol still has a diminishing market. Urvan Escapade is a bright spot, being used in the commercial sector.

Mitsubishi will continue churning ancient L300 cab and Versa van, since its still the perenial best seller. Newly faced lift Canter Fuso is enjoying brisk sales as well.

Toyota can still continue assembling here bec. there is continued strong demand for the Vios and Innova.

The auto manufacturing doesn't look so bright seeing that the Philippines has been reduced to assembling old tech vehicles.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Ang problem sa honda prestigious o pang elite ang pagkakaestablish nila dito unlike toyota at mitsubishi pang masa kaya ang hcpi hindi madala ang brio kasi pang masa ang kotse kaya iyon wala sila pantapat kay mirage at celerio at eon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
(NEWS) Honda set to 'reclaim' top position in PH