New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Not really a fanboi but I had own 2 Hondas already. What I admire about it is the quality and design. I didn't buy the cars for prestige and exclusivity because I got none of that with so many Hondas around.

But I wish they will introduce new models. It has always been the City/Jazz, Accord, CRV line for years! and to think they got a lot more models selling in other countries.
    My family owns 5 Hondas in totality. During the car's reign, it's that Honda unit which looked best. ( 07 & 08 FD, 1st Gen. CRV, Civic ES ) Quality-wise, it's something to be proud of too. We never had any major breakdowns, although all of our cars never experienced such.

I have no problems with the lineup of Honda nowadays. What I don't like is how Honda designs their cars nowadays. The next Civic sucks, the new City's look are as if it hasn't changed, the new CRV is ok if it's the JP version, if not it sucks too. And, I don't like how fanboys label their Hondas as prestige & exclusive. I mean, whaaat?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BMW or SIR?

SIR siyempre, Honda yan eh mas mura maintenance, that is pag compare na sa European brand maintenance cost na ang panlaban nila...

Hinde na uubra yun design, exclusity and prestige line nila

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    honda's are nice cars naman, yon nga lang they are falling behind in terms of technology and fun factor. nakaka inis lang talaga mga fan boys na tingin nila honda na ang pinaka mabilis na kotse at wala ng tatalo sa SiR.
    Nothing will beat the SiR if its rivals came from Honda's own lineup. Yun yung nagpa-sikat sakanila.

Pero kung titignan sa ibang car makes, marami pwede maka-talo sa SiR. 4G63T, SR20DET, 4AGE-T etc. etc.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Nothing will beat the SiR if its rivals came from Honda's own lineup. Yun yung nagpa-sikat sakanila.

Pero kung titignan sa ibang car makes, marami pwede maka-talo sa SiR. 4G63T, SR20DET, 4AGE-T etc. etc.
    SiR's used to be fast, but now a days it's mediocre at best. stock to stock a lot of SUV's can even smoke the SiR now, heavily modified naman yes it can go fast but you'll sacrifice the handling and won't be able to turn. unlike modern fast cars, they can go 10sec 1/4 mile and still handle really great. SiR's once they reach 12sec below 1/4 mile handling will really suck.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Heck, the CRDi Accent can smoke an SiR.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ok pa naman line-up nila, kaso IMO is a overpriced na. Which makes them beatable. Hyundai really is eating them alive. Even Toyota should be wary.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Honda can still reclaim they're 3rd place in the Phil. Automotive industry. But they need to offer discounts, be generous on the features of their cars, add more to their current line up and provide good after-sales service in order to be competitive.

Before it was just Honda vs. Toyota. Now, they should wake up and realize they got to deal with Hyundai, Kia and Toyota. Aggressive pricing is really needed.

I drive a Honda Jazz. I got it for the design, reliability, and versatility it offers. But yah, it is the most expensive in its category. Honda you really need to offer discounts. Seriously. example. a 1.3E Vios is almost 100k cheaper (net of discount) than a 1.3 City. Any practical person would choose the Vios. But if the price difference was around 40k? I think it will be a different story.

I have a feeling they'll probably bring in Honda Freed to compete with the Avanza and Brio to compete with the i10, Spark and Picanto. If they bring those two, I'm pretty sure they'll do well in their respective segments.

HONDA - THE POWER OF DREAMS. Please stop DREAMING, WAKE UP and seriously offer discounts and more features! XD haha

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    The All-New Civic was bashed in the US, rated as the most disliked car for 2011, according to this: The most disliked cars of 2011 - A prize no one wants to win (1) - CNNMoney. Well, they can still address the negatives that plague them in the US and launch a proper all new Civic here. Assuming of course that the ASEAN version can be drastically different from whatever global blueprint they've drawn up for the nameplate. Otherwise, tama si ram_dlsu. Honda can keep on dreaming.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    grabe nga 'tong Honda... parang wala na yung value for money factor. they're just banking on the 'prestige' mindset ng mga costumers. actually pati Toyota medyo mataas narin ang pricing nila IMHO.

by the way, tinitingan ko yung 2012 City sa Alabang showroom earlier today. they have the new 'sparkling brown' exclusively for the top variant. medyo ho-hum additives like chrome bits sa interior. medyo ok design ng wheels, may ECO feature and the rear diffuser area looks ok narin. mahal parin * 836k... tapos steel rim lang yung spare tire?!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sa atin pinataw ung binawas na presyo sa India market for city. If only people will stop buying from Toyota and Honda for like a quarter or two that should wake them up. The reason nag bawas ng presyo sa India kasi walang bumibili ng Jazz at City doon, unlike here. Hopefully sa dami ng kumukuha ng Accent and Fiesta ay matakot sila... or rather ang Honda... Toyota will always have the taxi fleet and corporate fleet to keep them afloat.

Brio is one of the cars they will probably bring... but if its going to be like the India version good luck... even if they priced it at under 500k I would not get it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
(NEWS) Honda set to 'reclaim' top position in PH