New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    dude you got me there... i can't remmeber. hehe.

afaik, all D15s come with vtec. one is vtec-e and the other older version is an older vtec implementation. at least, that's what i remember... i could be wrong. but i do know that one version of the d15 has a so-called "aggressive" camlobe profile when it switches over to vtec. forgot na if it's d15a or b though.

sir v6dreamer... i meant he should use anythin other than 20w-50. your oil choice is a good one though.

sir lionheart... any oil will do as long as it's not 20w-50 or single grade straight 40w (too thick for your engine). brake and clutch fluid get the ones sold at gas stations... they're all the same. buy a bottle but once you use it at may natira at inistore mo, i won't recommend you use it again. buy a new bottle na lang. brake/clutch fluid is hygroscopic... it absorbs moisture from the air.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thanks po ng madami sir volts, any idea po ng fc of the esi? di5b vtec po pala ung engine. thanks po ulit...
    and do i really need the vtec light? may nabasa po kasi akong isa pang thread, and they go fancy about the vtec light. i seemd to be interested. hehehe...
    thanks po ulit ng madami...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir hindi po kaya vtec controller yung vtec light? AFAIK, you just need one if your into racing pero if its your daily driven, wag na lang, sayang lang money. the standard rpm when the vtec opens is at the right settings naman.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sirs, anu po ang mangyayari kapag ang nagamit po na oil ay 20w-40?castro ata un?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by li0nh3a12t View Post
    sirs, anu po ang mangyayari kapag ang nagamit po na oil ay 20w-40?castro ata un?
    pwede kung sa pwede yang 20w-50. i used it nung 1999 and 2000 kasi mura at medyo clueless pako sa maintenance. pero most 20w-50s sold now are of the older spec. besides... ang lapot nito. your d15b is a precision engineered engine, why would you want to put oil developed for a 1976 Saturn engine into it? hehe

vtec light... depends. would you like to know when the vtec activates? i would. but the wiring sounds tricky. i wouldn't want to do it myself for fear of burning out a vtec solenoid or the ECU itself by way of a short. lots of guys i know have burned out their ECUs for far less mods than this.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    haha, natakot naman ako sa vtec lights. next time na lang yun pag magaling na ko talaga sa kotse. hehehe...
    thanks po ng madami sa pag respond. ndi na ko gagamit ng castrol 20w-40 na oil. hanap na ko ng 5w-20. hehehe...
    any idea on the average fc po nung car?
    thanks po ulit ng madami...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
new owner of honda esi 92. pls help...