New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    good day mge sir's

i'm planning to replace the engine of my Honda Esi 95...

as far as i know my engine is a ph16a (correct me if i'm wrong)

if its possible i would like to have the same engine.. i tried to talk to some people and they told me that the engine is not available bcoz the engine is locally made and there's no ph16a from japan..

alot of people suggested to replace it with a B15 engine..

if i'm going to replace my engine with a B15, should i also change my comp box?

also can you give me an idea how much would a B15 engine would cost?! and where can i get one..

if you have any ideal place where to look..

thanks thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick_01_01 View Post
    good day mge sir's

i'm planning to replace the engine of my Honda Esi 95...

as far as i know my engine is a ph16a (correct me if i'm wrong)

if its possible i would like to have the same engine.. i tried to talk to some people and they told me that the engine is not available bcoz the engine is locally made and there's no ph16a from japan..

alot of people suggested to replace it with a B15 engine..

if i'm going to replace my engine with a B15, should i also change my comp box?

also can you give me an idea how much would a B15 engine would cost?! and where can i get one..

if you have any ideal place where to look..

thanks thanks
    i think they meant d15b. you can buy that at any surplus shop complete with axles, tranny, and ecu. it's a direct bolt-on to your car. nice engine. efficient and powerful.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    i think they meant d15b. you can buy that at any surplus shop complete with axles, tranny, and ecu. it's a direct bolt-on to your car. nice engine. efficient and powerful.

thank you Sir...

btw.. do you have any idea how much would that engine cost?!

thanks again..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    including installation, around 50K. medyo nagmahal yang engine na yan kasi in demend. b16a engines cost aroun 90k. for that money, you can buy a d15b and a turbo kit. mas malakas pa sa b16a. kaya biglang nagmahal yan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    My previous car is an esi,,, ang pinakabit ko d16zc vtec... Lakas torque at tipid gas... No modification made on the engine mount swak na swak.... Magaganda vtec ng Japan..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by h0tgunn View Post
    My previous car is an esi,,, ang pinakabit ko d16zc vtec... Lakas torque at tipid gas... No modification made on the engine mount swak na swak.... Magaganda vtec ng Japan..
    +1
    ... our '95 LX stock engine was replaced with D16A VTEC jdm... got more speed + fuel economy!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by teeyoh View Post
    +1
    ... our '95 LX stock engine was replaced with D16A VTEC jdm... got more speed + fuel economy!
    sir madali lang po bah makahanap nga parts nga mga d16a engine po?saan po dito sir sa manila sir?first time po ako sir..planning to buy po sir honda esi..kaso sir diko pa alam po ung mga parts and engine kung ano po ang maganda at saan po makabili po sir..halos kasi sir ph12 or ph16..kita ko sir sa thread mahirap daw makahanap nga parts pag ph12 or ph16?correct me po mga sir if im wrong..first time po ako sir..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    AFAIK, ESi engine is ph16, not ph16a (sa VTi yata ito).

Anyway, mabibitin ka lang sa D15B.

Gagastos ka pa para mapalakas to (if you're racing)...

Madali lang parts ng D engines, same lang sa local PH engines.

Magpapalit nalang din eh sagadin na!

B16A

new engine for 95 ESI