New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by downshifter View Post
    mga paps,

I am considering the CRV for my new car. My concern is kung soft ride sya but can handle mga lubak...i mean yung parang pajero ba ang suspension nito or close man lng? basta comfort ride plus capabilities for uneven roads dito sa philippines......

fuel consumption?

thanks
    here's my take.

[2008 CRV on Comfort]: yes i believe its very comfortable for 5people. the ride is serene and a great hiway cruiser (none of the road noise u get fm. the Civic). the testdrive unit i drove was well screwed together and exhibited a very solid ride. though didn't have much experience on lubak, i'm sure it should handle it just fine.

[2008 CRV 2.0li / 6MT on FC]: i think an average of 6-8km./li on City driving is just about right. and around 10-11km/li on Hiway driving (probably more if real hiway (no lubak/traffic).

[2008 CRV 2.0li / 6MT not being Diesel]: if Diesel is really of primary importance to u. then i suggest u look elsewhere.

if u have the extra cash then perhaps u can get the Hyundai Sta.Fe-II. its owners have mostly raves about it (little negative feedback). but that's about Php300-350K more than the 2.0li 6MT for the FWD CrDI.

if not enough budget & diesel is still of Primary importance...then you can BEG HCPI to a allocate some Honda diesel engines fm. European market.
    or just consider other brands such as Toyota D4D, Hyundai/Kia CrDI. or the Ford's TDCi.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    Di ba 5-seater pa rin ang CRV?

Some unsolicited advise lang... why not consider the likes of Kia Carens? It's 7-seater, so with the 3rd row folded down, it'll have a bigger cargo space than the CRV, while still being able to seat 5 persons. It's CRDI, meaning FC is about 10-13 kms/liter (double of the CRV). And it's diesel, so fuel is significantly cheaper. And with the powerful 2.0 CRDI engine of the Carens, I'm sure it can keep up, if not leave behind the CRV, in highway driving.

i can attest to that.... although 2.0 na crv MT yung akin talagang iniwan ako ng kia carens na 2.0 crdi...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by downshifter View Post
    yep i need seating capacity for my family...kaya ask ako fuel consumption ng CRV at full load......
    But the CRV is only a 5 seater... not any more than the Honda Civic. If you want to seat more than five, you will have to look at vehicles with 3 rows of seats.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    For me
    If your looking for ride comfort and fuel economy then dont look at the cr-v
    we use to have a gen 2 crv malaks sya sa gas nakaka 6-7km/l lang ako kahit tipid mode pa! at matag tag sya lalu na pag nag palit ka pa ng mga 17' rims or bigger! and 5 seater lang sya AFAIK so hinde rin pwede sayo!

you could check out the santa fe or the carens!

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I agree the 2nd Gen CRV is a gas Guzzler, its good you can manage to have a 6 km/liter. Mine I only got 4.5 to 4.8 km/liter FC, whether magaan or mabigat ang tapak sa gas. Mine it A/T transmission. Except for the gas consumption and stiff ride, nothing is to complain about. Suggest you see elsewhere like Kia and Hyundai. Just a thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
NEW CRV Capabilities