New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hello Guys,

We're planning to buy our new car. I'm currently choosing from Vios 1.3E A/T and City 1.3S A/T. We want some suggestion with regards to fuel consumption, suspension, parts after 3 years warranty, maintenance. Any would help us decide. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^ dami mong thread idol.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Nag post rin ako dito para sa mga hindi pumupunta ng Toyota Forum, Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    ^^^ dami mong thread idol.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ...X2... sorry.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 18th, 2014 at 03:34 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my suggestion is to test drive both, and see which you like more..
    after all, you will be the one using it, not your "advisers"..

my point being, they're both "good cars"..
    Last edited by dr. d; March 18th, 2014 at 03:33 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Test drive the Vios now and drive the City when it comes out.

Vios Pro:

- Parts availability. Its parts are available everywhere. Kahit na Mercury Drug may pieza ng Toyota...
    - Reliability. The engine and platform are unchanged from the past model.

Vios Con:
    - Added weight. More safety features have made the Vios porkier and thus reducing its fuel economy compared to its older versions.
    - Older design. Toyota did not change the design and specs of the Vios. However, competitors are moving forward. See the specs of the City/Jazz.

I'm using the 2014 specs of the Honda Jazz. Historically the City and Jazz shared the same platform.

Jazz Pros:

- New engine. The newer 1.5 liter engine promises more power (+10%) and higher fuel efficiency (+20%). I would expect similar gains in the 1.3 liter engine.
    - Lighter. The new model is lighter by 70 lbs and improves the car's fuel efficiency.
    - Stereo integration with smart phone (top of the line US model). A 7" screen integrates with your smart phone. GPS and bluetooth calling should be seemless.

Jazz cons:
    - Not here yet. The Jazz is yet to be released locally. The City looks like it will be released later.
    - Electicals might have gremlins. I had 2 bad experiences with the electricals of Hondas. My sister's City had problems with its light switch. My Civic broke a small plastic part in the brake pedal and the brake light got stuck lit up. My mechanic had to repair a number of things in the steering wheel column.

How about driving performance? My past experiences with Toyotas make me feel that I'm driving an appliance. No matter how fast or slow I drive, the feel of a 2007 Corolla is the same.

The Hondas make you feel much better connected with what is happening on the road. A 2007 Honda Civic drives so much better than the Corolla.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for a more detailed explanation. I already test drive both, and both are nice. Are the FC really 11-14km/L in city driving for vios and Honda, the SA always says that which is one of the factor i will buy a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by jfc168 View Post
    Test drive the Vios now and drive the City when it comes out.

Vios Pro:

- Parts availability. Its parts are available everywhere. Kahit na Mercury Drug may pieza ng Toyota...
    - Reliability. The engine and platform are unchanged from the past model.

Vios Con:
    - Added weight. More safety features have made the Vios porkier and thus reducing its fuel economy compared to its older versions.
    - Older design. Toyota did not change the design and specs of the Vios. However, competitors are moving forward. See the specs of the City/Jazz.

I'm using the 2014 specs of the Honda Jazz. Historically the City and Jazz shared the same platform.

Jazz Pros:

- New engine. The newer 1.5 liter engine promises more power (+10%) and higher fuel efficiency (+20%). I would expect similar gains in the 1.3 liter engine.
    - Lighter. The new model is lighter by 70 lbs and improves the car's fuel efficiency.
    - Stereo integration with smart phone (top of the line US model). A 7" screen integrates with your smart phone. GPS and bluetooth calling should be seemless.

Jazz cons:
    - Not here yet. The Jazz is yet to be released locally. The City looks like it will be released later.
    - Electicals might have gremlins. I had 2 bad experiences with the electricals of Hondas. My sister's City had problems with its light switch. My Civic broke a small plastic part in the brake pedal and the brake light got stuck lit up. My mechanic had to repair a number of things in the steering wheel column.

How about driving performance? My past experiences with Toyotas make me feel that I'm driving an appliance. No matter how fast or slow I drive, the feel of a 2007 Corolla is the same.

The Hondas make you feel much better connected with what is happening on the road. A 2007 Honda Civic drives so much better than the Corolla.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    vios gen3 gets about 7-8 km/li. highway is 12km/li. full tank method.

i use 1.3MT. older generations of vios are more fuel efficient. my old gen 2 got a decent 11 km/li city drive from makati to fairview

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    vios gen3 gets about 7-8 km/li. highway is 12km/li. full tank method.

i use 1.3MT. older generations of vios are more fuel efficient. my old gen 2 got a decent 11 km/li city drive from makati to fairview

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2
    Hmmm.. Mababa nga yun fc niya. But the SA always says na 11-14km/L city driving, more on highways of course. How about Honda City 1.3a/t, do you have anyone has the actual fc using full tank method? Thank you for the reply.