+1 dito..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    usually, more hp = lesser fuel economy
    Quote Originally Posted by rex31angel View Post
    +1 dito..
    Not always necassarily true...

Fuel economy will still depend of the degree of modification and intervention done on the ECU's fuel mapping to maximise power and torque from intake, engine internal and exhaust mods.
    Last edited by isa1023; August 10th, 2010 at 06:41 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    So adjustable racing camgears will right away cut 1-2 km on my FC still without PnP? And i have another question when I had my D15b Vtec engine installed I did not change my box so I guess i still have the stock one. Should I change my box to something else for more power?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    * TS - look for Honda/Acura Performance by Mike Ancas. Baka makatulong ito sa mods mo. HTH.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by allan442 View Post
    So adjustable racing camgears will right away cut 1-2 km on my FC still without PnP? And i have another question when I had my D15b Vtec engine installed I did not change my box so I guess i still have the stock one. Should I change my box to something else for more power?
    Yes.

Or invest in a piggyback ECU/fuel controller that will let you retain the stock ECU...but you could probably swap the whole thing out altogether, since this is a D15B we're talking about - a pretty old engine by now and a known quantity in tuning circles.

Modding the car while retaining the stock box is like giving your kid a pair of nunchucks. By themselves the nunchucks are potentially deadly, but without any knowledge of using them the poor kid won't fare too well.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Should I change my box to something else for more power?
    Yes.

Your D15B has VTEC and its camshaft has 20 lobes unlike you're old ph16.

Another option would be piggybacking it with a VTEC-fuel controller.

Or standalone ECU management (which will be more expensive than buying a P08).

Then re-tune after installing your modifications.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Yes.

Your D15B has VTEC and its camshaft has 20 lobes unlike you're old ph16.

Another option would be piggybacking it with a VTEC-fuel controller.

Or standalone ECU management (which will be more expensive than buying a P08).

Then re-tune after installing your modifications.

What do you mean piggyback with VTEC-fuel controller? Where can i buy stuff like this and how much would it cost me?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What do you mean piggyback with VTEC-fuel controller? Where can i buy stuff like this and how much would it cost me?
    It is a device that plugs in between the engine & ECU. It modifies the signals going to the ECU so you can get the engine to perform the way you want it.

You can buy them from car tuner shops.

BUT these devices are not plug-in and go. They will need to be "tuned" properly.

If not tuned properly, you can lose power & fuel efficiency more easily than gaining power.

You will need to have your car tuned on a DYNO. There are only a few shops in metro manila with a DYNO.

A dyno is a big machine that measures your engine's output (in wheel horsepower) through the car's wheels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need your opinions