New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Bought my Mazda 3 from OLX. Hasn't been a headache. Yes, you spend quite a bit upfront once you get the car in order to repair any problems that the previous owner didn't bother to fix, but once you get it to good running condition, it comes out much, much cheaper than going brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mazda 3s are quite cheap on olx. Most are in very good condition.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinworld View Post
    Mazda 3s are quite cheap on olx. Most are in very good condition.
    Not most. I checked out about half a dozen 3s before I found one that met my threshold. Others either had tampered odometers, worn out interiors, rough engines, and so on. It takes a bit of patience to find a good unit, but the effort is worth it.

I didn't say anything about Mazdas not being cheap (the 3's poor resale value is what made me choose it over other similar vehicles). I was just commenting on your statement that you should only buy secondhand cars from a personal acquaintance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My advice is if you're not really sold sa unit and don't feel comfortable then walk away. Hanap na Lange ng iba. Don't get pressured na mabili agad yun unit.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ^I agree. As with any purchase, buying on impulse usually leads to regret. This is especially true for secondhand purchases (not just cars, but especially cars since they're complicated machines with a lot of things that can go wrong).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2685072
    napacheck ko na lng po kotse na baha pala.. and ang dami po sira and faulty wiring. and hindi po dineclare lalo na ung nabaha
    to all would-be buyers of used cars... especially those who know next to nothing about cars..
    bring the mechanic to the car, before you buy it and not after. pay him well, as he may just save you headaches and wallet aches.

and, as a tsikoteer said, "if you think (mechanics') knowledge is expensive... you should try ignorance!"
    Last edited by dr. d; February 2nd, 2016 at 01:27 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Accorder View Post
    There's nothing wrong offering the car but take it into consideration that his car used for pratice driving. There are other people using it as well and it might get spoiled everytime they use. Have a second thought about buying it.

buying a second hand car has two things: either you win a jackpot or the way around.

I bought a second hand car last month. Sadly, nakatiempo ako ng sindikatong pamilyang car dealer. Upto now, hinde ko pa magamit.

I would not recomment these car dealers : 4973 Pasay Road. Makati City and another one in Rockefeller St. Makati City, as well. Those car shops are operated by the following: JON UMANDAP, JAY UMANDAP, ESMIE UMANDAP, JULIO UMANDAP. In www.ayosdito.ph the aliases they used are "JONMET" and "MARGERIE".
    This is very true they are still operating in same address as if untouchable. I was also victim of this swindler and very true salbahe at mayabang kahit daw sa malacanang a pa magreklamo

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesar ventura View Post
    This is very true they are still operating in same address as if untouchable. I was also victim of this swindler and very true salbahe at mayabang kahit daw sa malacanang a pa magreklamo
    We need to inform our friends not to waste their hard earned money to this syndicate and hope that we can do something to stop this people snd put to jail

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123