New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi po mga sir! Newbie here, this is my first ever post and I hope to gain some useful knowledge from our ever helpful veteran tsikoteers.

My car loan just got approved and now I'm excited to purchase a new Jazz 1.3 AT. This will be my very first car purchase.

I'm currently scouting for the best dealer in town, any suggestions?

I'll also be calling them up first to try asking for info on deals, is this a good approach or should I just visit them directly in person?

And last question po, is my approach correct/sound? I applied for a car loan first before even visiting showrooms/dealers since I wasn't really sure it will be approved so might as well try it out first instead of scouting for cars and maybe eventually ending up not able to purchase. Sayang lang ng pagod ika nga kung di rin maapprove loan.

Salamat mga sir!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ricoz View Post
    Hi po mga sir! Newbie here, this is my first ever post and I hope to gain some useful knowledge from our ever helpful veteran tsikoteers.

My car loan just got approved and now I'm excited to purchase a new Jazz 1.3 AT. This will be my very first car purchase.

I'm currently scouting for the best dealer in town, any suggestions?

I'll also be calling them up first to try asking for info on deals, is this a good approach or should I just visit them directly in person?

And last question po, is my approach correct/sound? I applied for a car loan first before even visiting showrooms/dealers since I wasn't really sure it will be approved so might as well try it out first instead of scouting for cars and maybe eventually ending up not able to purchase. Sayang lang ng pagod ika nga kung di rin maapprove loan.

Salamat mga sir!
    yes your approach is correct. a ready customer armed with a pre-approved car loan who can immediately order the bank to prep the purchase order/voucher is a very POWERFUL client who can demand freebies from the dealer. the money is halfway there na, ika-nga... so the dealer must offer you something to keep your business.

i think not all honda dealers have the same prices. depending on the freebies they offer, price differences can range between 10k-20k.

if i were the one buying, i would probably shop around for the best deal on the dealer who's nearer to my home/workplace. the reason for this is that you can visit the car/dealer anytime you want. however, there are complications: as a rule, the busier the dealer, the lousier the service. but the car is usually released faster if you're just plain buying (madami sila stocks, unlike sa provincial, pag umorder ka at wala yung kulay na gusto mo sa inventory nila, tatawag pa sa manila/planta to order).

honda QA is a good bet... i've bought 2 brand new from them na.

honda fairview... ok lang. eager and earnest agents. but i go there only for repair services, so...

jazz is a good car. a bit on the expensive side, but, reportedly, you get your money's worth. i'm more of a compact car guy kasi... those sub compacts like the jazz... looks too small for me.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    i would suggest you to visit both honda groups, Yuchengco and Ayala...
    then get the best offer between the two.. usually same lang yan per group eh...
    tapos, sabihin mo dun sa isa eto ung bigay nung yuchengco/ayala, tapos dagdagan mo na lang... hahaha....

Honda QA nga daw is the best dealer for the Yuchengco's.... For Ayala try to visit
    Pasig, Global, Makati or Alabang...Huwag ka ng pumunta sa Shaw, ayaw magbigay ng freebies dun...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Wow! Salamat po sa mga tips! Very very helpful. I'll be keeping them in mind. I love this forum!