The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Which among the two has ABS? two-wheel or four-wheel ABS? no abs on both
    Child-lock? both on rear doors
    Airbags? Driver and Passenger? no airbags on both
    Power side-mirror? VTi only
    Keyless entry (optional maybe, or aftermarket na lang)? aftermarket or casa-installed (optional)
    VTEC? VTEC2? 2-stage? 3-stage vtec? how do i know if VTEC is still functioning? VTi is VTEC2, LXi is non-vtec... the newer 2001 up VTi is stage 3 VTEC
    EFI (tama ba?) yes
    front disc brakes? yes, both have them. bigger discs on the VTi
    Is there a localized (Philippines-based para akma sa environment natin) review of these cars that you guys can recommend? go to the honda club philippines website for more info on this model
    How does it compare to a same year corolla gli with respect to the features and amenities? no comment, i don't have a GLi
    How is it comparatively more expensive to maintain than that of corollas (I have seen from tsikot forums that parts are quite expensive)? lots and lots of aftermarket parts, both performance and replacement. if you know where to buy, you can get excellent deals [/QUOTE]

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecker
    Which among the two has ABS? two-wheel or four-wheel ABS? no abs on both
    Child-lock? both on rear doors
    Airbags? Driver and Passenger? no airbags on both
    Power side-mirror? VTi only
    Keyless entry (optional maybe, or aftermarket na lang)? aftermarket or casa-installed (optional)
    VTEC? VTEC2? 2-stage? 3-stage vtec? how do i know if VTEC is still functioning? VTi is VTEC2, LXi is non-vtec... the newer 2001 up VTi is stage 3 VTEC
    EFI (tama ba?) yes
    front disc brakes? yes, both have them. bigger discs on the VTi
    Is there a localized (Philippines-based para akma sa environment natin) review of these cars that you guys can recommend? go to the honda club philippines website for more info on this model
    How does it compare to a same year corolla gli with respect to the features and amenities? no comment, i don't have a GLi
    How is it comparatively more expensive to maintain than that of corollas (I have seen from tsikot forums that parts are quite expensive)? lots and lots of aftermarket parts, both performance and replacement. if you know where to buy, you can get excellent deals
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks, wrecker, for providing finer detail about the civics i am interested in.

To those who could provide additional details or comments, appreciate you dropping this thread a message. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need help in looking for '99\'00 Civic LXi\VTi specifications