New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi All,

Im a newbie member in this site and I need your expert advise.

please see the ff: inquiry.

1. Just want to know the difference between Honda LXI, VTI in terms of performance / design / everyday use?
    2. What is Honda Type Z 1.3L or 1.5L?
    3. What is Honda Type Z Sir Body?
    4. Difference between Vtec and Non Vtec engine?
    5. Is Honda Type Z 1.3L 2001 model AT Transmission 114K KM worth 170K is ok? then the seller would accept partial payment 2 - 3 gives coz his my officemate?
    6. What are the things that i need to consider before buying a 2nd hand car?
    7. What car can my budget attained worth 200K for sedan?'

Im planning to buy 2nd hand Honda Sedan.

appreciate your help and advise...

Thanks,

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drysterfox View Post
    Hi All,

1. Just want to know the difference between Honda LXI, VTI in terms of performance / design / everyday use?
    2. What is Honda Type Z 1.3L or 1.5L?
    3. What is Honda Type Z Sir Body?
    4. Difference between Vtec and Non Vtec engine?
    5. Is Honda Type Z 1.3L 2001 model AT Transmission 114K KM worth 170K is ok? then the seller would accept partial payment 2 - 3 gives coz his my officemate?
    6. What are the things that i need to consider before buying a 2nd hand car?
    7. What car can my budget attained worth 200K for sedan?'

Thanks,

1. Lxi and Vti varies in the engine, if for civic the former is 1500cc while the latter is 1600, the design is side mirror for the former is manual while the latter is power. If for the city the former is 1300cc while latter is 1500cc. Just to add the Vti has chrome trimmings while the Lxi doesn't, and the side mirror and door handle for the Vti has the same with its body color while the Lxi has black color.

2. Answered in passing refer to no. 1.

3. Type Z is the face-lifted body of the City circa 1999 to early 2003. SiR body refers to the Civic model circa 1999 to 2001.

4. Vtec engine comes with Honda's Variable Timing Electronic Control, non-vtec doesn't have this feature.

5. It depends on the condition of the car, it's the seller's option to accept payments in installment basis.

6.There is an existing thread about this, just use the search bar.

7. There a lot of cars that can fit your budget, just have to set what are your priorities in purchasing the car to let others help you with inputs.

hth

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi ans_lim168

Many thanks for the great information

Quote Originally Posted by drysterfox View Post
    Hi All,

1. Just want to know the difference between Honda LXI, VTI in terms of performance / design / everyday use? - LXI has a 1.5 PGM-FI non VTEC engine, manual side mirrors, 13" stock magwheels, black rear plate garnish, pillar mounted manual antenna.
    VTI has a 1.6 VTEC engine, powered side mirrors, 14" stock magwheels, body colored rear plate garnish, powered rear mounted antenna.

2. What is Honda Type Z 1.3L or 1.5L? Honda Type Z is a facelifted Honda City released post 2000 if I'm not mistaken. The LXi and lower variants have the 1.3 PGM-FI engine (except for the lowest base variant which still has a carb fed engine) while the 1.5 has a VTEC engine.
    3. What is Honda Type Z Sir Body? - SiR Body is the same as the earlier Honda EK body but with a different headlamp, tail lamp, plate garnish, bumpers and grille. The rest are just the same.
    4. Difference between Vtec and Non Vtec engine? Non vtec engines have the same static valve timing while the VTEC engines have varying timings as the engine RPM rises.
    5. Is Honda Type Z 1.3L 2001 model AT Transmission 114K KM worth 170K is ok? then the seller would accept partial payment 2 - 3 gives coz his my officemate? It's fair enough especially na he's open to terms.
    6. What are the things that i need to consider before buying a 2nd hand car? A lot. And I mean A LOT! One quick thing to consider is the proliferation of rust bubbles on EK and EG Civics. Not sure if this is also a common issue with Honda citys.
    7. What car can my budget attained worth 200K for sedan?' - Post 2000 Honda City Type Z's, 96-97 Honda Civic EK's, AE111 corollas (lovelife body), Ford Lynx, 2003 and up N1 sentras if you know where to find it, facelifted Pizza Pie Lancers

Thanks,

Please see my boldfaced replies.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Honda fan and I have a lot of reservations owning one because of durability and upkeep costs.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi kompressor,

Thanks for the additional info,

Appreciate...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Di ka makakahanap ng ibang installment terms na walang interest which would add to the total cost. Being a honda owner, definitely mas mahal ang pyesa compared sa toyota. Why? Dahil
    Ang toyota meron taxi parts and lots of surplus parts. CV joints on honda coats 1400k while toyota lovelife only costs 700.

Ok na yang sa kaibigan mo, at least sure ka na not flooded at mahiya naman syo pag sirain yan.

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi shibby75,

Thanks din po... Yup actually maayos sya kausap.. and ranking post na sya sa company kaya nga, reputation nya nakataya d2 hehe..

at pwde ko pa habulin if ever lang..

Need Expert advise for Honda LXI VTI Sedan