New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Careful lang. The poster on the other thread had his tranny swapped most likely prior to the floods. It's a totally different situation now.

Checking the fluid of a surplus A/T won't show its actual condition since we don't have a history of it. For all we know, they may have changed out the old one as soon as they got them (or after the flooding). And finally, the 3 weeks warranty is too short. Heck, 6 months is still too short. A/T problems doesn't pop up overnight.

Again, these are the risks that buyers on a budget should consider. Parang lotto rin yan.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Careful lang. The poster on the other thread had his tranny swapped most likely prior to the floods. It's a totally different situation now.

Checking the fluid of a surplus A/T won't show its actual condition since we don't have a history of it. For all we know, they may have changed out the old one as soon as they got them (or after the flooding). And finally, the 3 weeks warranty is too short. Heck, 6 months is still too short. A/T problems doesn't pop up overnight.

Again, these are the risks that buyers on a budget should consider. Parang lotto rin yan.
    for your own opinion sir, what will be the best solution? AT rebuild?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikhailer View Post
    For me, yes. New clutch packs, gaskets, etc. Total clean-up of the A/T internals.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikhailer View Post
    For me, yes. New clutch packs, gaskets, etc. Total clean-up of the A/T internals.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thanks for the infos sa mga nagreply i visited my car and nakita ko mismo na bagu yung mga kits na iinstall and not a surplus one mejo ok and kampante na ko now since nakita ko talagang nilinis nila ng husto yung transmission ko and everything i think its well worth the money din but that doesnt change the fact na magastos huhuhuhu :sigh:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
NEED ADVICE: A/T Rebuild/Overhaul OR Replace for 2002 honda civic