New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nubie_yahero View Post
    *spotdog11- thanks for the reply. Did you get in touch with KYB Japan website or US?Is it ok if I ask for the exact site. Checked the home page but could not find the price list. What type of SA did you choose(part number/model number) ? Was it the EXCEL G type. Was able to search it already.
    I think that will also fit my 2003 V.
    I am little concerned though with what you said about the car's rear suspension being a little lower. I am also planning to replace only the 2 front suspensions.All are still relatively ok but wanted to improve ride quality. For now,my budget only covers the 2 infront.How high was the front stance after the installation? It will really be helpful so I can visualize if pepe(my V) will have the same result with yours.
    *a picture of the stance will be highly appreciated
    Thanks again.
    I inquired at this website KYB Philippines . There is no price list on the site but they just gave me a quote thru email. I forgot the name of the actual distributor but the telephone number is (02) 2534050, 09175274859. Its better if you just give them a call to get a faster response. They gave me the Excel-gas type, I dont have the part number anymore. I just reviewed the email they sent me and price was 4,800 front, 2,000 rear. I will try to upload a photo of my car and perhaps you can can also give a feedback regarding the stance of my car.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Please note that the garage is a little bit inclined but nevertheless you can get an idea.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by spotdog11 View Post
    I inquired at this website KYB Philippines . There is no price list on the site but they just gave me a quote thru email. I forgot the name of the actual distributor but the telephone number is (02) 2534050, 09175274859. Its better if you just give them a call to get a faster response. They gave me the Excel-gas type, I dont have the part number anymore. I just reviewed the email they sent me and price was 4,800 front, 2,000 rear. I will try to upload a photo of my car and perhaps you can can also give a feedback regarding the stance of my car.

*spotdog11
    Thank you so much for the details. The site you gave me is a lot better.
    Regarding your ride, the difference is hardly noticeable . I do agree with you that if the rear is packed with passengers/cargoes, then it might be a little dipped compared to the front. Also, nice ride .Neat and pristine.
    Will call them once I get home and maybe opt to save a little more amount for the rear suspension. Another maybe is to sell my suspension in the repair shop for an added discount.
    I think the upgrade will greatly improve pepe. My family sometimes go out of town that passes through unpaved roads. Last time, was a bit rough for our liking.
    Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nubie_yahero View Post
    *spotdog11
    Thank you so much for the details. The site you gave me is a lot better.
    Regarding your ride, the difference is hardly noticeable . I do agree with you that if the rear is packed with passengers/cargoes, then it might be a little dipped compared to the front. Also, nice ride .Neat and pristine.
    Will call them once I get home and maybe opt to save a little more amount for the rear suspension. Another maybe is to sell my suspension in the repair shop for an added discount.
    I think the upgrade will greatly improve pepe. My family sometimes go out of town that passes through unpaved roads. Last time, was a bit rough for our liking.
    Thanks again.
    Thank you for the compliment sir. The best talaga if you change all 4 shocks nalang if your budget permits to erase any doubts. I regret changing only the two front shocks on my car. The original shocks were already stiff when I changed it so after the installation, there was big improvement on the ride quality. In your case naman, your old shocks are still ok so I dont know if the ride improvement will be significant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need advice on shock absorber.