New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Mga bro, i am replacing my front shock for my 04 crv since its already stiff, any advice what brand/where must i buy para mas softer ang ride than buying oem shock?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    kyb gas shock is a good replacement..............

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    kayaba and 555 brand trusted and tested

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    monroe shocks are durable.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXBadBoy View Post
    kayaba and 555 brand trusted and tested
    May idea kayo, how much, at kung saan pwede pa evaluate? thanks in advance.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    +1 po... san po ba nakakabili ng KYB? and price? thanks!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Same here. Anyone who replaced their front suspension are welcome to share input/advise. Salamat ng marami.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I replaced the two front shock absorber of my 04 CRV with KYB brand about 4 months ago. Old one was already stiff. I think it was around 4,800 each. Im from the province so I just inquired on KYB's official site and they just shipped the parts to me. Im happy with the result, ride is much smoother. I just wished I replaced all four shock absorbers because the rear shocks are already starting to sag and the car's rear seems to be lower than the front even when the car is empty. The rear shocks absorber is about 50 persent cheaper compared to the front. I highly recommend KYB.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by spotdog11 View Post
    I replaced the two front shock absorber of my 04 CRV with KYB brand about 4 months ago. Old one was already stiff. I think it was around 4,800 each. Im from the province so I just inquired on KYB's official site and they just shipped the parts to me. Im happy with the result, ride is much smoother. I just wished I replaced all four shock absorbers because the rear shocks are already starting to sag and the car's rear seems to be lower than the front even when the car is empty. The rear shocks absorber is about 50 persent cheaper compared to the front. I highly recommend KYB.
    *spotdog11- thanks for the reply. Did you get in touch with KYB Japan website or US?Is it ok if I ask for the exact site. Checked the home page but could not find the price list. What type of SA did you choose(part number/model number) ? Was it the EXCEL G type. Was able to search it already.
    I think that will also fit my 2003 V.
    I am little concerned though with what you said about the car's rear suspension being a little lower. I am also planning to replace only the 2 front suspensions.All are still relatively ok but wanted to improve ride quality. For now,my budget only covers the 2 infront.How high was the front stance after the installation? It will really be helpful so I can visualize if pepe(my V) will have the same result with yours.
    *a picture of the stance will be highly appreciated
    Thanks again.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    The KYB GAS - AJUST sounds intereseting. Anyone here tried this on a 2nd gen V? How much was it. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need advice on shock absorber.