New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim 88 View Post
    plus the steering wheel shaking a little when i brake, but this only happen on high speed, driving thru nlex (north luzon expressway)
    ganyan na ganyan din nang yayari sa kia sedona! nag wiwiggle ung steering tas may onte nginig din sa body kahit bagong palit mga brake pads! sabi skin sa casa abs nga din daw!

Oh yeah pag high speed lang din pala ung sa sedona nmin!
    Last edited by Mamar; October 7th, 2006 at 11:10 PM. Reason: ...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    ano ang posibleng nasira sa ABS?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    As Otep said abs usually only activates if you are on the brink of lock up. Braking from high speed does not always activate abs, unless you are slamming the brakes to cause your brakes to almost lock up. If you are applying the brakes gently and you feel the vibration then it's not your abs. Also you should feel some pedal pulsation when abs activates.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    pa-check nyo suspension nyo malamang mga ball bearing problema nyan

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    As Otep said abs usually only activates if you are on the brink of lock up. Braking from high speed does not always activate abs, unless you are slamming the brakes to cause your brakes to almost lock up. If you are applying the brakes gently and you feel the vibration then it's not your abs. Also you should feel some pedal pulsation when abs activates.
    yes i am applying the brakes gently and i feel the vibration at the 2 front disc brakes. but why at 120kph only below than that it's ok, casa had found no defects, so strange!! a car must be stable and if not theres something wrong w/ it. hhmmmm maybe i'll bring it to another honda service center.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim 88 View Post
    yes i am applying the brakes gently and i feel the vibration at the 2 front disc brakes. but why at 120kph only below than that it's ok, casa had found no defects, so strange!! a car must be stable and if not theres something wrong w/ it. hhmmmm maybe i'll bring it to another honda service center.

If that is the case then it's not your abs, get a resurface of the disc and if that doesn't solve the vibration then have the stealership check lateral runout of the disc while it is on the wheel hub. As far as why 120kph? It could be that the low speed isn't enough to cause it to vibrate. Similar to a warped disc, when you apply the brakes at low speed it doesn't vibrate as much as if you are applying your brakes from high speed.

from another site.
    Lateral runout= Also called axial runout, it is the amount of sideways motion or wobble in a wheel or tire as it rotates. It is usually measured by holding a dial indicator against the face of the rim or tire sidewall. A wheel with too much lateral runout will wobble back and forth as it rotates creating a shimmy that feels like dynamic imbalance problem.

another explanation with animation.
    http://www.brakeinfo.com/html/lateral.html

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    If that is the case then it's not your abs, get a resurface of the disc and if that doesn't solve the vibration then have the stealership check lateral runout of the disc while it is on the wheel hub. As far as why 120kph? It could be that the low speed isn't enough to cause it to vibrate. Similar to a warped disc, when you apply the brakes at low speed it doesn't vibrate as much as if you are applying your brakes from high speed.

from another site.
    Lateral runout= Also called axial runout, it is the amount of sideways motion or wobble in a wheel or tire as it rotates. It is usually measured by holding a dial indicator against the face of the rim or tire sidewall. A wheel with too much lateral runout will wobble back and forth as it rotates creating a shimmy that feels like dynamic imbalance problem.

another explanation with animation.
    http://www.brakeinfo.com/html/lateral.html
    *redorange: good info bro... :thanx:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
my  honda civic vibrates when i brake