New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    yung nabili ko na sasakyan sir ek, nakaheaders, midpipe at fgk na chambered muffler. naiingayan ako, pwede ba palitan muffler ng tahimik pero di mag suffer performance? yun bang oem ng sir na ek ok na ba yun? thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by switi View Post
    yung nabili ko na sasakyan sir ek, nakaheaders, midpipe at fgk na chambered muffler. naiingayan ako, pwede ba palitan muffler ng tahimik pero di mag suffer performance? yun bang oem ng sir na ek ok na ba yun? thanks
    You can change the mid-pipe to a bigger & longer free-flow silencer type design. It will help in quieting the exhaust note. If you can't find one, you can have one custom made to your requirements.

I had one made (by FREMUFF) for my Project Sentra a couple of years ago to make the exhaust very quiet, especially at lower RPMs.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I think the mufflers from branded companies like tanabe, HKS, etc. produce mellow yet aggressive sound due to their compliance to the sound regulation without compromising the performance. Unlike some mufflers that produce the so called "syento bente" sound, syento tunog bente takbo. =D
    Try some well known performance shops if you like to go branded, but a custom pipe is also okay, just tell them what you would like your exhaust system to be.

Goodluck

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For an EK, a Japanese Type-R muffler will give you perfect fit, good sound and good power.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    sir, ITR muff nalang kunin mo, tahimik talaga yun pero pag umabot na sa 5.5k dun lang lalabas yung ingay, yun nga lang baka mawili ka sa tunog kasi maganda tunog nun,di rin nakakaapekto sa performance ng makina..nasa 4k to 5.5k bentahan nun.

Muffler, ano maganda na tahimik?