The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thanks a lot Niky.. Modified & All Stock🏼Modified & All Stock🏽

2. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    One thing to consider is reliability. All else stock, putting an aftermarket intake and exhaust will give you a tiny bump on performance. But more pronounced is the louder sporty groan that will most likely seduce you to step on the gas more often to near or at redline. Other than causing lower fuel economy, this will also likely cause added wear on the stock engine internals.

I've seen many Civics of that generation with 3-inch fart cans that have began spewing smoke. That's a sure sign of unchecked engine wear.

At the end of the day, everything is relative. It's what floats your boat that matters. Ideally, you would have a primary car that you keep predominantly stock and a project car that you can play around with. If it's your only car, I'd keep it stock as much as possible. Remember that these cars came out of the factory practically de-tuned for long term reliability.
    This

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    stock car, modified driver

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thanks zeratul.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you're using it as a family car, leave everything alone.

As a personal car, you can put up with the idiosyncracies of a modded car... but for the wife (and future kids), better if you keep it stock. Also makes it easier to sell later on.
    family first

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thanks lakay77

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12