New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd rather get the upcoming Tundra, astiig!!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    this truck has ample power and torque and some nifty features like the in-bed storage area with a floor drain included; the dual-action tailgate that opens up-down or sideways.
    but then again, it's a unibody truck, and the exterior look is very polarizing. but it's a honda, and american honda won't have any trouble selling thousands of these next month.
    will i buy it over the new toyota tacoma and nissan frontier or even GM's chevy colorado/ GMC canyon or dodge dakota ? probably not.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thats one butt ugly truck!

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    This is one of those times when you can say: "WHAT ARE THEY THINKING??"...Surely, this design is quite odd for a pick-up truck. But I've read in one automotive website review of this pick-up saying that the odd design of the loading area(back area), is due to aerodynamics daw. This is what honda is claiming. I'll take their word for it. I must say, it really does look aerodynamically-efficient kasi mukha na siyang space ship. he he he he

But just a thought - do you really need aerodynamically-efficient vehicle when you drive your vehicle up the mountain? Probably when driving on a freeway, but I doubt it so much if you need it when off-roading. But who knows, maybe their designers think it might be important to off-roaders.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    here's one's magazine's explanation of the weird looking C-pillar:

"unfortunately,cutting the back end out of a unibody structure to make room for a cargo bed weakens the structure's strength.One side effect is unusually thick and awkward-looking C-pillars just aft of the rear-passenger side glass.Behind the backwards-angled sheetmetal are structure pieces that help keep the truck taut".
    surely, this truck breaks all the rules.but this truck is another example of honda's inability to come up with a real truck chassis and an efficient V8. and nissan is coming in closer year after year.

that grille is very freaky-looking.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    futuristic? mas mukha ngang 60s car e.
    unibody para may aerodynamics? e ang kapal naman ng nguso. dun palang hindi na magiging smooth ang flow ng air.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    concept car?
    baka hindi naman ilabas yan...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    para syang MB MUSSO... hindi heavy duty.. oh well.. knowing honda ganyan lang naman talaga ang gagawin nila

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    production vehicle na yan.. yung concept car nyan dati was dubbed as the Honda SUT (sport utility Truck daw)

it's a softroader unibody pickup aimed for the american market. Large Engine for the freeway and pang highway use lang yata yan di pwede pang hardcore offroad :P

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    panget sayang ang honda!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
[Merged:] HONDA RIDGELINE: Honda's 1st Pickup Truck