New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    try replacing all of your spark plugs first. dapat lahat yan may reaction pag inangat mo ng konti yung HTW. mostly palyado ang takbo if one is not working.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyboy View Post
    [SIZE=3]Hi, just a newbie at tsikot here so please bear with me. Here are some problems with my 96 civic that hopefully the expert members can help me with. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=3]Idling – with no load the rpm stays constantly at 800 but when the a/c is on and I rev the engine, it drops to almost 300 to 500 but goes back to 900 rpm. I’ve been driving the car for almost 8 years now and I’m pretty sure that she was not like that few years back. Did the following things: cleaned throttle, cleaned IACV and replaced PCV valve. Any ideas on other parts to check?[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]Bump steer – every time I go through uneven road, pot holes or rail tracks, the steering becomes a hassle as it moves left and right by itself. Mechanic replaced the following: upper arm assembly (L and R), and rack. The rest of the suspension according to him was OK. Did complete alignment and balancing of the wheels too. After doing these, the bump steer is still a headache. Any ideas?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Thanks and more power! [/SIZE]
    You did not mention MAF sensor when dirty affect drop on your idling.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    mayor christ, my 4 spurplugs are new,newly tope,changed oil pero ganun parin.

any other reason bakit parang walang effect sa makina kung aangat yung #3 spurplug ko?

Im planning to go for a compression test kasi ang sabi ng mekaniko sa shell alabang-zapote road e top overhaul daw.

honestly,parang wala naman problema yung car.malakas pa din hayaw niya pero sa idle lang ang problema especially kung aircon is on.

hindi naman basa yung spurplugs ko or sunog pero pinalitan ko na lang.

Thanks sa reply.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
[MERGED] Help with my '96 Civic!!!