New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tabatsoy View Post
    does it mean honda just make an upgrade taon taon?yun ba yung facelift na tinatawag?

I checked with my cousin sabi nya 2008 daw...san ba makikita sa papers ng sasakyan para malaman kung anong model sya?

Pasensya na at nadagdagan ang mga tanong ko....talagang bago lang po magka kotse.

TIA
    sir baka year 2008 niya nakuha yung model na iyon. normal lang naman yun hehe. pero hindi siya yung 2008 model talaga.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Case closed!

Salamat po sa lahat ng nag bigay ng infos at ideas...it really helps....need more practice para ma familarize sa pag gamit ng paddle shifter...

Salamat mga kasamang tsikoteers....

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    sir baka year 2008 niya nakuha yung model na iyon. normal lang naman yun hehe. pero hindi siya yung 2008 model talaga.
    It is a 2008 Model, I have the exact car; bluish Gray. Have fun bro!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The issue with these manual shifters (for A/T) rides is that you cannot up-shift if you have not attained the speed that is "programmed" for that particular gear-ratio... You can maintain that gear-ratio though for as long as you do not over-rev. So, in a certain sense, you are really at the mercy of the car's firmware... Notice that it automatically down-shifts you if you slow down or step on the brake...

However, you can downshift almost anytime, for as long as the engine rev is/will be on the safe range.....

9404:vader:
    Last edited by CVT; March 1st, 2010 at 08:21 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

The issue with these manual shifters (for A/T) rides is that you cannot up-shift if you have not attained the speed that is "programmed" for that particular gear-ratio... You can maintain that gear-ratio though for as long as you do not over-rev. So, in a certain sense, you are really at the mercy of the car's firmware... Notice that it automatically down-shifts you if you slow down or step on the brake...

However, you can downshift almost anytime, for as long as the engine rev is/will be on the safe range.....

^^maybe eto yung paliwanag sa tanong ko na para syang umaalog pag nag
    upshift ka....that you have to attain and maintain a specific speed para hindi sya umalog or mag vibrate..tama ba sir CVT?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^I have not experienced that bro... What I experienced was that no matter how many times I press the upshift button, it will not, unless I attain the speed (that IMO is defined in the car's firmware). So, you cannot upshift as you wish...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
"Manual Mode" Honda 08 City A/T