New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos4age View Post
    hello tsikoteers, simple query lang, im planning to replace my 2nd gen vios to a civic fd, for the simple reason na masikip sa loob ng vios and i like the leg room and the space of the fd, questions is, is it easy to maintain a civic fd?say for example are the parts abundantly available? are there any known issues?im eyeing specifically 2009 to 2009 models ,ive heard somehwere na may issues sa pwoer seering about hoses blowing up,what are the things i need to look out for when buying a used fd? and do u know of shops that specializes in fd repair if teh need arises?and whats the realiztic fuel consumption of a 1.8 in city traffic?also whats the difference of the 1.8s to the 1.8v? all fd owners out there,your input will be greatly appreciated,thanks
    hello po.i bought a 2007 fd 1.8v 3yrs ago.previous owner had it lowered but when i got it i put the stock spring back in, and from what i noticed, the rear bushings were cracked and when i asked casa about it, they said assembly daw papalitan but pwede daw mag pagawa outside sa machine shop. thats the only issue na hindi ko pa napa ayos.i dont know if resolved na sa 2009 models yung common issue ng engine support, yung leaks sa top corner ng windshield to a pillar ba yun, and yung shock pag naka extend for a long time,yung sa akin overnight sa casa tapos nasira na although orig pa yun. yung sa power steering, wala pa naman ako na experience but ive heard honda hydraulic powersteering requires honda psf, pag nahaluan ng atf parang di talaga sila compatible. so far the car is ok, and i drive it hard from time to time. about the tensioner, so far wala pa namang symptoms sabi ng casa. whatever car you choose to buy, just provide it with good maintenance and it will be worth it in the long run.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Common sakit ng FD, engine support at power steering. Expect to see issues with these parts around 6 year cycle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123