New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    How about keeping the engine revving to keep water out of the exhaust?

Shouldn't you slip the clutch to do so? Or is the RPMs at idle enough to keep the water out of the exhaust? Tancha ko lumubog na yung muffler ko that time eh...

Experienced this last thursday sa may mandaluyong city hall. Hindi lang baha, traffic pa.

Happened to me a few times as well in the same area. Best way is to create a gap between you and the car in front of you before you start to drive through the flooded road. That way you don't have to slow/stop because of the car/traffic in front of you.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mahirap sir GH lalo nung thursday. First time to be caught in a flood alone din so medyo nakakatakot hehe.

Nakapila kami lahat from the Makati-Mandaluyong bridge towards the city hall, and even while idle on the leftmost (highest) lane, umaabot na yung tubig sa exhaust... :O

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Mahirap sir GH lalo nung thursday. First time to be caught in a flood alone din so medyo nakakatakot hehe.

Nakapila kami lahat from the Makati-Mandaluyong bridge towards the city hall, and even while idle on the leftmost (highest) lane, umaabot na yung tubig sa exhaust... :O
    If that's the case and it's still raining and ma-stuck ka sa traffic, don't risk it na lang IMO. Tataas pa water level niya eh, baka di na kayanin. Better safe than sorry ika nga.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    If that's the case and it's still raining and ma-stuck ka sa traffic, don't risk it na lang IMO. Tataas pa water level niya eh, baka di na kayanin. Better safe than sorry ika nga.
    Haha. The funny thing is - by the time I found out - it was too late na.

The rightmost lane nearest to the sidewalk were flooded and continuing to rise while the leftmost lane w/c had a barrier was moving... straight into even deeper water.

I only got the 'courage' to ford the FD over the water kasi may nauna nang lovelife Corolla. =/

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Haha. The funny thing is - by the time I found out - it was too late na.

The rightmost lane nearest to the sidewalk were flooded and continuing to rise while the leftmost lane w/c had a barrier was moving... straight into even deeper water.

I only got the 'courage' to ford the FD over the water kasi may nauna nang lovelife Corolla. =/
    Yun lang. Anyways ingat palagi na lang and be wary of this areas. Plus remember that evry year it would only grow worse unless something is done drastically kaya kung 2hrs na ulan at babaha na, dapat next year 1:45 mins pa lang, alam mo na na babaha na. You must leave earlier.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marco_c View Post
    sir nangyari din po yan last Thurs napalusong ako sa baha with my M/T Honda Esi, siguro mga 3mins syang nakababad sa baha bago ko naiahon. problema ko po ngayon pag start ko kanina ng sasakyan ayaw nang umabante o umatras, parang stuck yung handbrake ganun yung pakiramdam. Nakababa naman yung handbrake, pero pag aabante o aatras, parang naiiwan yung gulong at umaangat yung kaha. ano po kayang problema nito? thanks
    the water. either namuo ang grasa, o kinalawang ang metal. either way, nag-lock ang brake pads or nag-lock ang brake cable. try alternately pulling and releasing the handbrake handle with the button depressed, to release whatever got stuck. try also alternately stepping and releasing the brake pedal. hopefully, this won't repeat itself after the water dries out. if it repeats, you may have to open the brakes and lubricate them.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Question: What if you're currently driving through the flood, however wala talagang choice but to stop since all the vehicles in front of you stopped. What should I do (M/T)?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    Question: What if you're currently driving through the flood, however wala talagang choice but to stop since all the vehicles in front of you stopped. What should I do (M/T)?
    Keep the engine revving while putting your foot on the clutch.

BTW: Re: LULUSONG sa BAHA, ano mga kelangan gawin? - magtanong sa MMDA at iwasan si C. Lao

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    So upon halting to a stop, full depress na sa clutch while doing high revs? Then pag aaandar ulit, do a gradual release parin like normal driving?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    So upon halting to a stop, full depress na sa clutch while doing high revs? Then pag aaandar ulit, do a gradual release parin like normal driving?
    Not really gradual release kasi medyo kelangan mo kunting puwersa due to the water being a hindrance of movement. But make sure to start moving when a good distance form the front vehicle has been made to avoid accidents.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
LULUSONG sa BAHA,ano mga kelangan gawin?