New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    What to do? I already lost the key tag as well. Does Honda have it in their record? Someone told me that the car should be brought to the casa and replace the ignition key as well. About 30k!!!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lancy09 View Post
    What to do? I already lost the key tag as well. Does Honda have it in their record? Someone told me that the car should be brought to the casa and replace the ignition key as well. About 30k!!!
    That recommendation to replace the key tumblers (I suppose on all doors and ignition) is for your security. The lost key in the wrong hands may pose a risk of your car getting carnapped (specially "losing" it may have been intentional)

If you opt to risk it and just have your lost key duplicated, you can check your car's invoice and the key # should be there. Advise any authorized Honda dealer the key # so they can have it duplicated even without a key pattern to use. May master file naman planta.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    if your car has a passenger and trunk door lock, the passenger door lock cylinder has the key code. have a locksmith or somebody you trust open the door and get the code from the pax lock cylinder

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    but might as well spend 30k than losing the car worth more than 1m+ right?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about the duplicate?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If ever you guys encouter any lost key problems look for keynamics at sulit or web. I think they do computerized key cutting and make a key even in Lost key situations.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    how about the duplicate?
    Kung wala yung computer chip sa duplicate key, di rin gagana.

Like in my case, yun extra key eh wala computer ek ek. Kaya useless siya pag nasira or nawala yun orig key.

Kasi pag sinusi ko sya sa kotse, tutunog yun alarm then di mo mastart yung kotse (ang alam ko) using the duplicate key. Only use nya eh magbukas ng pinto (magaalarm) pag naiwan mo susi sa loob. Yun lang, wala na iba hahaa

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    sharing IKEYCUTTER CONDOR XC-007 Master Series Key Cutting Machine with everyone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVgmHLLKPkE

Lost my only car key (Honda CRV)