New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    In terms of repair cost (labor charge, good mechanics) and spare parts (availability)?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    toyota dami kasing replacement parts na available. but i guess if you prefer oem parts almost parehas nalang sila sa price and availability.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    good question. well to answer your question here is my opinion.

for me, honda and toyota got a tie for my first choice. mitsubishi is a close second. why? because based on my experience- being a current owner of a honda and previously a toyota, i could say that both cars were pretty reliable if not indestructible. for honda, the advantage of having one is that, madalang masira. if ever, mga dapat lang masira ang nasisira- like the steering boot, CV boots, suspension bushings. downside is, parts were pretty expensive pero marami na ring mga replacement parts out there na affordable.

for toyota, well these things are meant to last forever. they are pretty serviceable by any mechanic, and the best thing was, parts are virtually everywhere. but the downside is, may problema sa mga electricals.

i don't know for mitsubishi. have had the chance to own one.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on which model. For bread and butter cars like the Corolla, Civic, and Lancer, it's pretty much even-steven (the difference in the cost, if any, will not be the 'make or break' factor in your purchase decision). All of them have abundant third party parts and service support. It will still boil down to the owner. If you have the casa do every oil change or if you entrust your vehicle to Rapide, your maintenance costs will go through the roof.

Of course comparing the maintenance of an EVO8 vs. a City is not really apples to apples.

And sometimes it will depend on the specific part. E.g. the power steering hose of a large van like the Starex is cheaper than the PS hose of most small sedans. Maikli lang kasi PS hose ng Starex.
    Last edited by OTEP; October 11th, 2006 at 03:25 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Judging sa mga sasakyang inaayos sa shop namin, eto pagkakasunod-sunod:

1. Toyota
    2. Mitsubishi
    3. Honda

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir Kikkoman. what do you mean sa binigay mong order?

1. Toyota
    2. Mitsubishi
    3. Honda

ito ba yung madalas magpa-service sa inyo or ito yung order nang madaling gawin?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Nissan! Hehehe...

I've had the opportunity of owning 3 cars of diff. makes: 96 Sentra, 97 Accord and 80 Galant (sold it already). The car which gave me the least headache in terms of maintenance and repair was my Nissan. Pero lahat ng talyer na pinupuntahan ko nun, halos Toyota ang inaayos, hehehe

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    sir Kikkoman. what do you mean sa binigay mong order?

1. Toyota
    2. Mitsubishi
    3. Honda

ito ba yung madalas magpa-service sa inyo or ito yung order nang madaling gawin?
    Repair cost and parts availability po, chief (based na din po doon sa question ni threadstarter).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ok then. mahirap talaga maghanap nang parts para sa honda. pero in my experience, as much as possible, ayoko din nang replacement parts. if i can buy it (parts) in the dealer, why not?

sir galactus, anong model nang sentra? super saloon ba?
    Last edited by ian_rex; October 11th, 2006 at 04:36 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin pare-pareho lang....
    although mas madaming aftermarket and replacement parts and toyota and mitsu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which is less expensive to maintain? honda, mitsu or toyota?