New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Puwede pa iverhaul lang dyan since maliit lang naman yung tama. Just make sure na complete flushing ka if hindi mo pa nagagawa and use distilled water and 3 liters of coolant.
    Sir maybe you can suggest a reputable shop? I'm near SM Santa Mesa.. Banawe or San Juan area will do sir..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    its obviously a leak. wala talaga tatagas sa ilalim ng oto kung konti lang tagas since the water is hot it will evaporate before it has the chance to drop.

try looking for water marks sa hose (white spots) or sa radiator (kalawang) itself. now if you see some then most probably nandun yung leak. if you find one, drive the car on a normal basis, after reaching the house (while the engine is hot), look at the area na may white mark kung basa... nandun leak mo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    its obviously a leak. wala talaga tatagas sa ilalim ng oto kung konti lang tagas since the water is hot it will evaporate before it has the chance to drop.

try looking for water marks sa hose (white spots) or sa radiator (kalawang) itself. now if you see some then most probably nandun yung leak. if you find one, drive the car on a normal basis, after reaching the house (while the engine is hot), look at the area na may white mark kung basa... nandun leak mo.
    Yes it is a leak at the bottom part of the radiator. That's what mechanics at speedyfix diagnosed as I had been there yesterday.

Maybe you can suggest a reputable radiator shop that overhauls radiators in San juan or Quezon Ave? I'm near SM Santa Mesa BTW.

I've already searched here in the forums for radiator overhaul shops but to no avail...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    just buy a new one... mga 3500 yung mga ADR. kasi welding/repair will cost you around 1k-2k then hangang kelan yung top part na hindi magkakalawang? might as well cure the whole thing.

but if your decided to go for repair, madami naman... sa evangelista lang alam ko. pinapalitan nila tanso yung busted area.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sir sa may dulo ng banawe yung intersection ng e. rodriguez kapag galing ka sa banawe pagdating mo sa intersection kakanan ka then may makikita ka radiator repair shop dun sa kaliwang side di ko na nga lang matandaan yung name nung shop pero nakapagpagawa nako dun mga 4yrs. ago, radiator overhaul ng toyota bigbody ko dati mga 500pesos lang dati singil nila. Or kung makakahanap ka sir ng surplus or brandnew radiator mas ok yun.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    just buy a new one... mga 3500 yung mga ADR. kasi welding/repair will cost you around 1k-2k then hangang kelan yung top part na hindi magkakalawang? might as well cure the whole thing.

but if your decided to go for repair, madami naman... sa evangelista lang alam ko. pinapalitan nila tanso yung busted area.
    What's better? ADR or Evercool? Earlier I called banawe auto supply, they said that Evercool radiator costs around 2500. 2-rows plastic top. Totoo ba yun? Parang ang mura...?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    What's better? ADR or Evercool? Earlier I called banawe auto supply, they said that Evercool radiator costs around 2500. 2-rows plastic top. Totoo ba yun? Parang ang mura...?
    hmmm wala ako idea sa evercool kasi ginamit ko ADR. sa 3500 kasama na radiator cap.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    you are just like me before who wants to save money by overhauling and sealing my rad. i'm telling you sir you are not spending wisely believe me.

if you want to be thrift , better get a new rad rather than overhauling and sealing the leak. if you don't have budget yet just top it up with distilled water while saving money for a new rad. i used rainwater before while i was still scouting for a cheap surplus rad. im still using my cheap 1 1/2 yr old surplus rad until now with no problem.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by D15B View Post
    you are just like me before who wants to save money by overhauling and sealing my rad. i'm telling you sir you are not spending wisely believe me.

if you want to be thrift , better get a new rad rather than overhauling and sealing the leak. if you don't have budget yet just top it up with distilled water while saving money for a new rad. i used rainwater before while i was still scouting for a cheap surplus rad. im still using my cheap 1 1/2 yr old surplus rad until now with no problem.

Depende kasi yan sa problem sa radiator. Hindi pa nga natin nakikita eh, kaya nga better na ipacheck niya dun sa expert para alam ni TS with finality yung solution na puwede. IMO, kung hindi pa grabe tama ay minor leak lang, kaya pa yan ng repair lang. Sayang din yung bili agad ng bago.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    well, its just a piece of advice. i experienced it already that's why i selfishly sharing it. its the ts's call if he will listen to it or not. peace..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Leak or Not? =(