New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    yun ang mahirap, kung walang pressure check, theres no way to know if they did the job right. matic o manual yung oto?

compression check? simple lang yan... take out the sparkplugs and put your palm on one hole at a time to make a seal. crank the car, kung may compression, you will feel the suction. if there is a problem one of those would not create suction as well as the others.
    How's the pressure check done? Can I do this myself? My dad suggested this shop so I was thinking that what they must be good. All of their company cars'and trucks' radiators are being serviced.

My EG is a manual one..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    medyo mahirap since tatangalin pa radiator and you need a pressure hose to do it. simplest way is to use the car normally then paguwi, while the engine is hot, look for wet spots or white marks kung saan ngwelding. get a rag para malalam kung basa.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    medyo mahirap since tatangalin pa radiator and you need a pressure hose to do it. simplest way is to use the car normally then paguwi, while the engine is hot, look for wet spots or white marks kung saan ngwelding. get a rag para malalam kung basa.
    I see.. I'll try this one.. thanks sir!

Just an update.. medyo nagbabawas pa din ng coolant.. though hindi naman naubos yung laman ng reservoir.. it's just above the min level..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    I see.. I'll try this one.. thanks sir!

Just an update.. medyo nagbabawas pa din ng coolant.. though hindi naman naubos yung laman ng reservoir.. it's just above the min level..
    With the minor bubble, IMO kahit hindi ka na mag-pa-pressure test. Cylinder head gasket replacement ka na agad para hindi na dagdag sa cost mo. Meron na yang kunting tama, wag mo na hintaying lumala IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    With the minor bubble, IMO kahit hindi ka na mag-pa-pressure test. Cylinder head gasket replacement ka na agad para hindi na dagdag sa cost mo. Meron na yang kunting tama, wag mo na hintaying lumala IMO.
    How much would the headgasket cost? and the labor? haaaaay gastos nanaman.....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    How much would the headgasket cost? and the labor? haaaaay gastos nanaman.....
    Hindi ko kabisado sa Honda honestly so I would reco na serach mo sa tsikot using the menu in the top right. Labor mga P500 up. Ok lang yang gastos basta mababawi mo naman yan sa worry free driving and possible costly repair.

An ounce of prevention if worth a pound of cure ika nga.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Hindi ko kabisado sa Honda honestly so I would reco na serach mo sa tsikot using the menu in the top right. Labor mga P500 up. Ok lang yang gastos basta mababawi mo naman yan sa worry free driving and possible costly repair.

An ounce of prevention if worth a pound of cure ika nga.
    Is it really possible to have a cylinder head gasket problem without overheating?

I checked the oil cap this morning.. no milo-ish substance found..

Baka palit lang ako ng palit pero d naman pala talaga sira hehehe!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Leak or Not? =(