New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Guess i wasnt so clear. Retain the CVT or have a traditional torque converter automatic . But give us the 1.5 turbo. Like a jazz RS version.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Guess i wasnt so clear. Retain the CVT or have a traditional torque converter automatic . But give us the 1.5 turbo. Like a jazz RS version.

A Jazz powered by Honda's 1.5L turbo with CVT or a Fiesta with Ford's 1.5L Ecoboost with DCT/6AT would definitely be something I look forward to drive. These pocket rockets would surely give the Civic and Focus quite a stiff competition in terms of quickness. Hahaha

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A Jazz powered by Honda's 1.5L turbo with CVT or a Fiesta with Ford's 1.5L Ecoboost with DCT/6AT would definitely be something I look forward to drive. These pocket rockets would surely give the Civic and Focus quite a stiff competition in terms of quickness. Hahaha
    Given the poor sales of the Fiesta Ecoboost, I doubt they'll bring in a more powerful, less efficient variant of their entry level subcompact.

The Civic RS sells because at the end of the day, at least it's a Civic and the next level (Accord and Miata/WRX) is still several hundred thousand away. But a Jazz RS or Fiesta ST at 1.1M will not sell when compared to an equivalent Civic 1.8E.

Then again, that's just me putting on my businessman hat and not my car enthusiast hat.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Jut is correct. This is a pipe dream for me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Jut is correct. This is a pipe dream for me.

Indeed, jut is right. It would be wiser to save up for a WRX instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12