New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

If I have the dough, I'd go for the Civic. If I have less than what's required,- then I'd go for the Jazz (or better IMO, the City)....

9000:snowfight1:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    imho, practicality wise, the civic can't beat the jazz. this was my delema before. i ended up getting the civic. now, i wish i got the jazz. if you do a lot of highway driving, get the civic. if you'll be mostly using at as a city drive, go for the jazz.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    My car's a GD Jazz (the current one in the market's a GE), my mom drives an FD1 Civic 1.8V.

For those who don't understand, just try driving the FD. Wide, long dashboard from windshield base + tapering flanks = good luck driving it in Manila. It's very hard to see where the car ends, and I don't mean compared to just my Jazz. From the driver's seat, it's hard to judge where the car's front and rear bumpers are compared to, say, a ZZE121 Corolla Altis (the previous model) so maneuvers are hard to do.

Translation? Madaling makabangga at makagasgas kaya ibayong ingat ang kailangan.

It's a personal thing maybe, and I thought I'd get used to it over time, but it just has not worked even after having the FD for 2-3 years in our garage . The car is basically good, pero nakakailang sya dalhin - and this is the consensus of my father and I.

It's gotten pretty soft and heavy too vs. previous iterations...some of the fun-to-drive has gone out the window.
    Never had a problem driving our FD. Wala pang gasgas yung front and back bumpers from not being able to gauge where the car ends. I've tapped a post na dati while backing up, but I suppose that's an issue with all cars na. Just "imagine" the length of your hood in front of you and it's pretty much where you should stop.

About being pretty soft and heavy:

Heavy - no comment. It really is. This is in comparison to our 6th gen accord and an EK civic we have at home. The EK feels a lot nibler (also scarier at higher speeds though).

About being soft - if you're driving an A/T car, then it really will be. The M/T variants are still have a lot of that punch and the engine is (still) very rev-happy either way.

I suppose different strokes for different folks. Valid points raised nevertheless.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    A lot of city driving with maybe 1 to 2 persons only (driver or driver and a passenger) then go for the Jazz. But the Civic is a better looking car. The Jazz is, well, too small. I feel too cramped driving or sitting upfront or behind.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ^^not much difference in interior space for 4 persons imho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Jazz 1.5 or Civic 1.8s?