New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Is it worth paying extra for Civic 1.8s versus Jazz?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Definitely! If you're after power and space..civic is the winner...hindi sila magka-class eh

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Trying to be objective:

Power, interior space, safety = Civic

carrying capacity (thanks to folding seats), fuel economy, ease-of-driving (due to smaller size) = Jazz

Subjective portion:

Both very good cars but when you're nearing the 800+k point especially with the 1.5 Jazz, the Civic looks to be much more worth it.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Driving = Jazz
    Fuel efficiency = Jazz
    Room = either
    Practicality = Jazz
    Comfort = Civic
    Active safety = Jazz
    Passive safety = Civic

You know what my choice would be.

Most of all, I really, really dislike the FD Civic's propensity to hide where the car's bodywork ends in an effort to make it feel "big". I'm speaking from experience. It just feels so unwieldy driving it in our streets.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^in layman's term?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by water View Post
    ^in layman's term?
    = maybe jazz kotse nya..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hindi ko magets ito kaya laymans na lang. Kahit ako jazz din gusto ko. Tatay ko kasi nasunod sa civic.

"really dislike the FD Civic's propensity to hide where the car's bodywork ends in an effort to make it feel "big"

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Even if it's your only car... you can make a good case for the Jazz.

The only advantage, space-wise, of the Civic is the extra width that makes sitting three-across in the back seat more comfortable. If you're four in the family, or even four-and-a-half (4 adults/teens and one kid), you'll fit in the Jazz easily.

The Jazz has more comfortable seats, better economy, good cargo space and cheap maintenance needs. I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    if its your only car r - Civic. Bigger, different class.

If its your 3rd car - Jazz. See below:

The Jazz is so much more fun to drive.

Yes, the Civic has more power and is in a different class. But every day fun driving, driveability, manueverability, practicallity, efficiency --- the Jazz has it beat.

I've driven the 1.8S and 1.8V Civic many many times. Its a good, powerful car but I love the Jazz infinitely more. I can buy the Civic but I chose the Jazz to be my daily driver. But again, Im lucky to have other cars in my garage.
    +1 on EQAddict's reply.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    = maybe jazz kotse nya..
    My car's a GD Jazz (the current one in the market's a GE), my mom drives an FD1 Civic 1.8V.

For those who don't understand, just try driving the FD. Wide, long dashboard from windshield base + tapering flanks = good luck driving it in Manila. It's very hard to see where the car ends, and I don't mean compared to just my Jazz. From the driver's seat, it's hard to judge where the car's front and rear bumpers are compared to, say, a ZZE121 Corolla Altis (the previous model) so maneuvers are hard to do.

Translation? Madaling makabangga at makagasgas kaya ibayong ingat ang kailangan.

It's a personal thing maybe, and I thought I'd get used to it over time, but it just has not worked even after having the FD for 2-3 years in our garage . The car is basically good, pero nakakailang sya dalhin - and this is the consensus of my father and I.

It's gotten pretty soft and heavy too vs. previous iterations...some of the fun-to-drive has gone out the window.

To be honest though, the FD Civics have great, smooth-shifting automatic transmissions...but that just reinforces my suspicion that the Civic is now a cruiser instead of a driver's car.

"You pays your money and you makes your decision"
    Last edited by Type 100; December 9th, 2009 at 09:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Jazz 1.5 or Civic 1.8s?