New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    I think a grill change can make the fit appealing to more people but the added logistics of importing the fit from another location (china/japan) probably made it not worthwhile to Honda PH

Honda PH importing from China is possible, kaso the Jazz only sold 375 units last year...

Getting units from Thailand seems like the best option.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am sure the manufacturer can do so, if it wants to.

for example,
    for the longest time, toyota have been coming out with various vehicles and putting the "corolla" badge on them,
    and claiming that they have built more corollas than any car variant in the world...
    but looking at these "corollas" every five or ten year intervals, and one may come to the conclusion that they are different cars.

rant.
    heh heh.
    When ka ba last bumili ng Corolla, doc? It’s a known fact that manufacturers update the generation of its car models every 5 to 6 years. The Corolla back in early 2000 is way simpler than what it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    When ka ba last bumili ng Corolla, doc? It’s a known fact that manufacturers update the generation of its car models every 5 to 6 years. The Corolla back in early 2000 is way simpler than what it is now.

medyo matagal nakong hindi bumibili ng bagong corolla.
    but the earlier corollas certainly do not look like the newer ones, even as they all bear the same "corolla" badge.

now, take the air-cooled volkswagen.
    look at their 50s model, then their last air-cooled model over 50 years later, and any other beetle in between.
    the resemblances are obvious.

ditto for the ford model T.

toyota may have manufactured the most number of "corolla" badges,
    but VW made the most number of units of a single car variant.
    it's all a matter of definition.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 11th, 2021 at 12:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Why not rebadge the PH market City hatch, as a Jazz?
    I think Honda Corporate wants to make a distinction between the two to prevent confusion in case the two models are going to be sold side by side like in thailand with the old jazz or between two neighboring countries like malaysia and singapore where the latter went with the new Jazz while the former is still mulling about continuing building CKD kits from thailand (GK Jazz(until thailand stops making them)/City Hatch) or import the new Jazz from japan/china probably as a complete car .

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Honda PH importing from China is possible, kaso the Jazz only sold 375 units last year...

Getting units from Thailand seems like the best option.
    To be honest I'm surprised that china went with the jazz instead of the city hatch given that china seems to normally prefer longer wheelbase variants of a particular vehicle such as the city-based crider or the XP150 yaris.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Would the City hatchback be priced the same as the sedan version? The Jazz had been more expensive than the City.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    To be honest I'm surprised that china went with the jazz instead of the city hatch given that china seems to normally prefer longer wheelbase variants of a particular vehicle such as the city-based crider or the XP150 yaris.
    Personal theory...

Chinese consumers wants what the West (and Japan) has.

Same reason Toyota was pushed to release a Left Hand Drive version of the Alphard.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Would the City hatchback be priced the same as the sedan version? The Jazz had been more expensive than the City.

The Yaris is more expensive than the Vios... I can see Honda PH using the same strategy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12