New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Imported Jazzes will often have the standard automatic transmission. Not the CVT. So they won't have the "7-speed" paddle-shift option.

The US never got the CVT... and Japanese imports are usually AT, also.

It might be worth it if you're getting the US car, for peace of mind about the tranny... but most RHD conversions are not really worth the hassle unless you're getting a rare sportscar that has no LHD version... and even then, it's better to buy one RHD and have the conversion done yourself, so that you know it was done properly.
    What about the issue on "papers?" Vehicles with the "B" plate are kinda hot with the authorities because it appears that some dealers sell them with incomplete papers. Is there any truth to this?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Nakakita nga nito ako sa may Plaridel,Bulacan noon!

Mukhang maganda to.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    madami nito sa bulacan.. pink,blue,red,etc.. 1st gen. ng jazz ang kamukha nito ung hindi pa na facelift.. naalala ko may nagpasok na nito sa carshow.. kung hindi dahil sa plates nya hindi ko malalaman na imported sya..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    d2 samin sa subic madami, galing din sa Cagayan, plate starts at B.
    my friend bought 3 months ago, so far ok naman dw, and yes yung convertion kit nia ay pang jazz pati dashboard, kaya you won't notice na converted xa. d2 samin madami naka honda fit last year pa, so far wala nmn reklamo, hindi tulad noon way back year 2005......anyway price starts 290-350 depende sa mga yard na mapupuntahan nyo at setup nung car. they accept financing, then +5k para pag transfer ng name i pa process sa cagayan.

but now, sabi tataas ang presyo nito, kasi magkaka ubusan ng unit, dahil papahinto ang importing sa cagayan. not sure.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    yup they should stop this practice. wala akong pakelam kung ano mangyari sa owner ng imported jazz na converted pag naaksidente. yun madadamay nila ang importante, it can be u or me or anyone we know or love.

sana simulan na sunugin ang kaluluwa nila sa impyerno ngaun for being this reckless and irresponsible.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    afaik fit are electric power steering or eps. i've seen one na orig rhd pa rin pero meron silang inilagay sa coupling from right going to left. kaya orig pa rin ang gamit nila. if you are goin to look from the engine bay, nasa right pa rin ang pasok ng coupling then may gear nilagay sa loob ng cabin goin to the left. di ko na tiningnan sa loob kasi ang hirap gumapang sa ilalim ng pedals. hehe.. advantage ng ganitong systema is wala nang tinanggal na rack end pinion. orig pa rin. the eps still working.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    i saw a jazz in subic with a 4x4 drivetrain. tama kaya ang pagca convert ng units? my uncle owns a dingo from subic, ok nman ang pag ka convert no problems as of now. and matipid sa gas, ok nman siya. chambahan lang ng units yan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    yup they should stop this practice. wala akong pakelam kung ano mangyari sa owner ng imported jazz na converted pag naaksidente. yun madadamay nila ang importante, it can be u or me or anyone we know or love.

sana simulan na sunugin ang kaluluwa nila sa impyerno ngaun for being this reckless and irresponsible.
    Kahit orig RHD na sasakyan nakakaaskidente din naman. On units (hindi nga lang Fit/Jazz) that I have seen, the basics (steering, brakes) are done correctly or can be corrected after purchase.

It's the little details that put me off like the signal stalk being on the right side of the column, the a/c vent selectors not working, the dead pedal being on the 'wrong side' of the car, etc.

And most of the Jazz/Fit conversions I have seen the dashboard is of the cut and paste variety (kaya naiiwan yung hazard switch biased on the passenger side).

But for an around town runabout, as long as the basics have been corrected, I don't see any serious safety issues with them.

They are still safer that riding a scooter or jeepney, IMHO. The Fit/Jazz are also designed to meet pedestrian safety standards (increases pedestrian survivability in case struck) and the conversion does not affect this in any way.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Imported Honda Fit/Jazz...