New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I noticed that there are too many imported Honda Jazz being sold lately, and they are relatively cheap. I want to know if there are some issues regarding these imports because I'm seriously considering buying one. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Apparently, you're correct. I myself is seeing lots of jazzes whose plate is starting with letter " B " meaning, it's imported.

But, if I were in your or in their places ... I wouldn't really be considering them despite it's cheapness. Why ? It's converted. It's conversion might be done incorrectly and could lead you to much bigger and more costly problems in the future.

You're definitely better off with local units.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Apparently, you're correct. I myself is seeing lots of jazzes whose plate is starting with letter " B " meaning, it's imported.

But, if I were in your or in their places ... I wouldn't really be considering them despite it's cheapness. Why ? It's converted. It's conversion might be done incorrectly and could lead you to much bigger and more costly problems in the future.

You're definitely better off with local units.
    Thanks for the warning sir renzo.

Conversely, I heard that the conversions of these units are good since, accordingly, they use conversion kits. if this is true, then i would say that, in this regard, they are no different from local units.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    yup gamit ata nilang conversion kits is yung parts na ng local.. di ko lang alam..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sir any Idea kung magkano bentahan nila ng ganito? saan po kaya pwede tumingin ng mga unit bukod port of Irene? Masyado po kasi malayo kung mag canvass lng kami.

Thanks

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Alam ko mga 250,000 dito sa kakilala ko Solid industries sa Balintawak.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    madami sa manila nyan at sa bulacan.. around 250 - 350k siguro..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    sabi ng cousin ko kung gusto mong makamura punta ka port irene sa cagayan (from manila nga malayo talaga). sabi nya mas madaming choices dito kasi dito din galing yung mga dinadala sa ibang lugar sa luzon. bumili sila ng van dati. noong namimili palang sila hindi pa ito converted, pagnafinalize na yung payment/downpayment duon palang icoconvert.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    hello,

other than the "B" plate how does one know na imported to? i have read dun sa jazz thread na yung USDM iba yung bumper etc. Yung sa port irene pareho lang ng specs sa local jazz? Are they reliable enough? baka may nka bili na ng port irene jazz dyan.

sa price comparison magkano yung 2nd hand local jazz nasa 250k-350k din ba? pag may 250k mura na, pang school service ng sister-in-law ko.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Imported Jazzes will often have the standard automatic transmission. Not the CVT. So they won't have the "7-speed" paddle-shift option.

The US never got the CVT... and Japanese imports are usually AT, also.

It might be worth it if you're getting the US car, for peace of mind about the tranny... but most RHD conversions are not really worth the hassle unless you're getting a rare sportscar that has no LHD version... and even then, it's better to buy one RHD and have the conversion done yourself, so that you know it was done properly.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Imported Honda Fit/Jazz...