New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    want real power?

1. aem or iceman intake with knn filter - 12k
    2. full exhaust 2" piping mandrel bent at mufflerland (aluminized pipe with reso) - 12k
    3. jasma muffler - 6k
    4. apexi safc - 6k
    5. wide band tuning - 3k
    6. tranny cooler - 5k

this upgrades will give you real hp gains that you will feel.

total cost: 44k

db15 transplant:

engine/m/t tranny package - 28k
    install - 5k
    a/t to m/t conversion - 8k
    lto registration - 4k

total - 45K
    conclusion: go for a d15b m/t transplant. it will cost you almost just the same with more power and more potential.
    medyo mataas pala kung real power... hehe... and i dont want to transform at to mt. una may kamahalan and second its complicated. maraming salamat sa advice sir, it really helps a lot. at least alam ko na yng price range kng real power tlga ang gs2 ko mkuha. hehe. what would you advise if i need slight (saktong) power gain lang and yet mura... based from the persons na sumagot ng thread,,, do you agree short ram and free flow muffler will get me at least slight engine performance increase? if this will work, eto na lang mod na gagawin ko. and one last thing, if nag palit nko intake does my ecu needs to be reset para equal yung bitaw ng gas sa fuel injection?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikhailer View Post
    sir, in totality, what would you suggest na pnka ok na upgrade on my matic esi? i suppose in practicality and relatively slight performance increase stand point, i think its much better to go short ram and free flow muffler lang?
    if you want relatively slight performance increase that you can actually "feel", it would cost you a lot. honestly for me, its not worth it. i will guarantee you, you will be much faster in stock engine compared to another esi a/t with a budget i/h/e set-up.

performance wise, buy a apexi safc and have it tuned. you'll get a few ponies there and at the same time, make your car consume less fuel. it'll cost you around 10k including tuning. though its hard to find a 2nd hand this days.

also, if you really can't help yourself, concentrate on suspension upgrades. your car will look good and stable at the same time.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    if you want relatively slight performance increase that you can actually "feel", it would cost you a lot. honestly for me, its not worth it. i will guarantee you, you will be much faster in stock engine compared to another esi a/t with a budget i/h/e set-up.

performance wise, buy a apexi safc and have it tuned. you'll get a few ponies there and at the same time, make your car consume less fuel. it'll cost you around 10k including tuning. though its hard to find a 2nd hand this days.

also, if you really can't help yourself, concentrate on suspension upgrades. your car will look good and stable at the same time.
    excellent point sir... naniniwala ako syo, malakas nga kesa sa upgraded ihe. natest ko lang kanina. sensha na dami kong tanong. Last na... what is the basic suspension upgrades? ano brands na ok? estimate? thanks in advance

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Up^^^

Keep it stock. Installing a fuel controller would be a more worthy investment. At least pag naka-d15b ka na or want to power up another car of yours, magagamit mo din naman po dun yung apex-i.

anyway, may apex-i vafc yata na binebenta for 5k sa virtual banawe. used. plus spend 4k to 5k on dyno tuning

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Up^^^

Keep it stock. Installing a fuel controller would be a more worthy investment. At least pag naka-d15b ka na or want to power up another car of yours, magagamit mo din naman po dun yung apex-i.

anyway, may apex-i vafc yata na binebenta for 5k sa virtual banawe. used. plus spend 4k to 5k on dyno tuning

amen brother. but if your on a budget, dyno might not be needed any more. just need to tune it via wide o2 sensor. more or less you will get the desired results already.

suspension, hmmm. the best compromise that i can suggest is the type r suspension from civic or integra. i don't know now but before, there are a lot of shops selling the complete struts (spring and short strut shocks), rear stabilizer bar and front upper strut bars for 15k. ride is pretty decent and handling is good. my set-up before was type r shocks, tanabe gf springs, generic rear upper and lower strut bars, generic front upper strut bars. it works quite well for me. before i also used the neospeed racing springs. handles good but the car sits too low. naubos ilalim ng eg ko.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-V View Post
    pag more power need mo free flow mas maingay nga lang.

yup.. maingay..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
IHE modification on Honda ESI 95