New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Ok. na-check na raw nila yun IACV kasma nung throttle body. by the way, wala naman me na-e-encounter na warning light or indicator. Nag-da-drop lng sya at minsan normal.

Actually, sa honda kal ko rin dinala. sino kausap mo dun?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aliaga View Post
    Ok. na-check na raw nila yun IACV kasma nung throttle body. by the way, wala naman me na-e-encounter na warning light or indicator. Nag-da-drop lng sya at minsan normal.

Actually, sa honda kal ko rin dinala. sino kausap mo dun?

nag canvass lang ako ng price sir. malamang pag di nakuha ng cleaning palit na talaga. advise kasi sa speedyfix better sa casa ko na ipagawa and baka mas mura yung presyo dun at may warranty pa.

yun sa akin kasi umilaw yung Check Engine Light then have it diagnose (not in hondakal kaya wala muna akong kinausap sa service dept) kaya may error code na nakuha... pag binuksan ko yun aircon saka ko nae-experience yung erratic idling...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hello Mr. Aliaga,

WHen you have the IAC Valve, you still have problems of idle drop. I suggest you have to check also the lead wires form the ECM/PCM (blk/red) and to the PGM-FI main relay (yel/blk) and the ground wire (BLK)...check continuity of these wire so as i suspect you have poor grounding, or roor continuity of the other wires... check these I think you will be just fine.

Should you have still problem, please post your email, i will send you the Idle control system trouble shoot (about 6 pages)...

Happy Motoring...guys

Proud honda addict.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    in my case, the problem doesnt show everyday naman. once in a while lang. but then the rpm really drops to almost 0 at times, and it goes back up and returns to normal when i step on the gas pedal. the problem only comes up a few times a month. I also noticed that when i step on the pedal and let go, the rpm goes down to around 500 before going back to the normal idling rpm of 750. i just left it alone for a few months, until the CEL went on. I had it checked sa honda. They cleaned it, but it only solved the problem for a few days. When the problem came back, they said they have to change the whole IACV. It cost around 8k if i'm not mistaken. But it really solved the problem, and the rpm does not drop to 500 anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
idling drop to almost zero when shifting to neutral