New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi Guys,

I have bought an Honda SIR this week!

What are the concerns/suggestion to check the transfer of ownership of the cars.

Kasi yun nabilhan ko ng car is asking me 5,000 pesos para sya na raw ang mag aayos ng OR & CR & transfer of ownership..

Any additional suggestion & concerns are much appreciated po...

Sabi po nya ay first owner din sya? any means/chance na ma check ko din yun car kung pang ilan owner na ako?

Many thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by autophobia View Post
    Hi Guys,

What are the concerns/suggestion to check the transfer of ownership of the cars.

Kasi yun nabilhan ko ng car is asking me 5,000 pesos para sya na raw ang mag aayos ng OR & CR & transfer of ownership..

Sabi po nya ay first owner din sya? any means/chance na ma check ko din yun car kung pang ilan owner na ako?

Many thanks
    5K is too much, but kung duda ka, pwedeng ikaw na lang mag lakad. You may want to check this other thread.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2587

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    5000php? cheap pa yun...actually LTO officers mismo ask me 5,696 for everything (clearance from PNP-TMG, registration..) and another 1500 for the emission test..

well... i have the same problem at gusto ko rin sana i-transfer sa name ko yun car para my peace of mind naman ako...pero dunno were to start... kasi almost 7000php ang babayaran ko..isnt it too much guys? what you think?

i've seen some threads pero it was posted a year ago..

i would appreciate if you could help...P.S. the car is a 1965 Ford Falcon.a american car,,,vintage...gas sigurado di papasa sa smug test..lahat naman napapakiusapan..siningil ako 1500 is too much i think...package deal din to ng LTO officer ...were living in Subic..with the car i have...paparahin ka talaga...at kokotongan..(highway patrol, LTO, and two other traffic groups na ewan..tourist traffic daw..ewan..)

confused and dunno what to do...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by revelation1216 View Post
    5000php? cheap pa yun...actually LTO officers mismo ask me 5,696 for everything (clearance from PNP-TMG, registration..) and another 1500 for the emission test..

well... i have the same problem at gusto ko rin sana i-transfer sa name ko yun car para my peace of mind naman ako...pero dunno were to start... kasi almost 7000php ang babayaran ko..isnt it too much guys? what you think?

i've seen some threads pero it was posted a year ago..

i would appreciate if you could help...P.S. the car is a 1965 Ford Falcon.a american car,,,vintage...gas sigurado di papasa sa smug test..lahat naman napapakiusapan..siningil ako 1500 is too much i think...package deal din to ng LTO officer ...were living in Subic..with the car i have...paparahin ka talaga...at kokotongan..(highway patrol, LTO, and two other traffic groups na ewan..tourist traffic daw..ewan..)

confused and dunno what to do...
    kasi siguro napansin nila na vintage auto mo tapos pagkakaisahan ka kaya sinisingil ka po ng mataaS? lam mu naman yang mga yan.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi Guys,

Many thanks
    For me mura pa yun pero depende kung saan nag originate car mo. Kasi kung malayo, abala pa saiyo kaya mura na yung 5K pero kung malapit lang saiyo ang lto ng originating documents ng car mo, ikaw na lang lumakad malaki lang namna dyan yung bayad sa munisipyo para sa tax ng release of chattel mortgage.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    emission test - P350
    PNP Clearance - P700 (express)
    CTPL Insurance - P690
    O.R. change - P200 (estimate)
    C.R. change - P200 (estimate)
    Total - P2,140

Here's the catch. If you have all the time in the world, time is no object. but for other people who value their time, this process will take at least 3 days. also compute, how much are you going to spend on food (3 days lunch alone will cost you around 500 at jollibee), on fuel (since you will have to go to the lto office of the c.r. origin.) and other things to keep you sane while waiting for your papers. CTPL insurance cost P690 if you get it directly from an insurance company office. if you will get it from lto, it would cost you at least 800.

personally, if i know the person who will help me "process" the registration transfer for P5,000, I will go for it. at the end of the day, my time is more important.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hi Guys,

Many thanks
    edited:

sorry... wrong post po me... pero bigay me idea sa akin...

transfer of ownership
    LTO change of venue
    new registration...

sinabay ko lahat-lahat -- 2 weeks for 6,500 pesos palakad...
    5,500 lang talaga dapat kaso 2 days na lang ay expired na
    yung due date ng registration ko kaya nag add me ng 1k...
    so kung isasabay mo rin lahat-lahat ay agahan mo... mga 2
    weeks before due date ng car registration mo...

so kung 5k at change of ownership lang ay medyo lugi ka...
    ipilit mo yung LTO change of venue para pag rehistro mo nung
    car ay sa LTO area mo na hindi na sa dating LTO area nung previous
    owner... baka kasi malayo yung rehistro nung kotse eh...

HOW TO TRANSFER THE CAR's OWNERSHIP-O.R. & C.R.